Fresh water beach hunting............any good reading?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everything on beach hunting seems to be geared toward the Ocean, any good books on fresh water beach hunting, inland lakes, Great Lakes, etc. Its going to be a long winter along Lake Huron, :BangHead: Lots of time to read, and research:laughing7:

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a book started and CJC nixed that with his books. Lots of freshwater books on the Western & Eastern magazine website.
http://www.wetreasures.com/

Good luck
Sandman

Last edited:
OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am out of physical rehab from a stroke and need a knee replaced. Otherwise I am married to this walker. Have a Merry Christmas too.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman. I'm happy to hear you are getting better.

Your comment about being married to the walker till your knee replacement gave me an idea. Building It may even help pass the time and give ya some inspiration.
If you still wanted to hunt the beaches and had to use a walker at the same time. Get a used walker, attach 4 balloon tires to it, make a clip on holder for your sand scoop and attach your metal detector shaft to the front with something like a windshield wiper motor with something to control the swing speed like a router speed control found on Harbor Freight for around $20. For power a small 12v. motorcycle battery or 12v. sealed battery from one of those kids motorized toys mounted to it, and you are back in the game!

It's just a thought. Not pushing you to do something you can't or don't want to do.
Just trying to be helpful.

Have a Merry Christmas
Ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread