Grumpy!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Not only is Hernando County requiring that you fill out a dam form to hunt in their parks but they have raised the parking fee from 40 to 75 dollars even for handicap parking! AND you can't say you want the whole year to hunt. No no no.... you have to give a specific date and fill out a new form for each date you want! Sheesh Kind of sounds like they want us NOT to MD! I have half a mind to print out 365 forms and make one out for each day. I bet they wouldn't allow that either! Am I grumpy? Definitely! >:(

Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
That's ridiculous. They are thinking only of tourists & not the locals.
I am so glad to see your post, how ya doing?

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To much government that sort of thing is going on everywhere

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bummer, Mumszie....

Amazingly, and at least for now, here in Southern California things are generally wide open. I only know of one city, Whittier that has MD restrictions on parks.

Of course, the ocean is free all along the coast.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk to your local reps that's what they are supposed to do , help the people they represent. Don't hold your breath tho, thy are not too fond of the little people. Print the darn forms and go for it!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you mumsize:

Stand tall, give them H and thank you for bringing this to my/our attention. Soon we will not have anything, unless we let those who make the laws know our feelings. You are not being grumpy; you are standing up for your rights as well as those of other detectorists.

The more vocal and painful the experience for those who selectively discriminate against us, the sooner things like this stop and better off we will be.

My number 1 goal on my New Year’s list is being more effective in doing this. I truly hope others have this on their list.

Sir Gala Clad Salutes your effort(s)!

Not only is Hernando County requiring that you fill out a dam form to hunt in their parks but they have raised the parking fee from 40 to 75 dollars even for handicap parking! AND you can't say you want the whole year to hunt. No no no.... you have to give a specific date and fill out a new form for each date you want! Sheesh Kind of sounds like they want us NOT to MD! I have half a mind to print out 365 forms and make one out for each day. I bet they wouldn't allow that either! Am I grumpy? Definitely! >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions