Ring find no detector

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Due to new job I've had close to zero time to get to the beach and hunt lately. After working a 12hr day today I stroll into the house to greet my family and I'm informed that my son was on his way home from work finds this ring at the train station. Looking proud of his find I am asked if I can test it and tell him what's what. As it turns out he happened to find himself a 925 silver ring peppered with Diamonds that tested to all be real. I was shocked as the diamond tester sung it's sweet song that let him know that it was a good find as I jokingly blurted out "you suck for finding a ring without a metal detector!" Any way he understands my spence of humor and just chuckled and smiling from ear to ear. Curious, I asked him what he was going to do with it? Figuring he was going to ask how much he could get for it? He then replied "I already gave it to Mom! 2 points 1 being that he thought of his mother without being greedy for a few $$, and the ring happened to be her size! 2nd point is that it is true that people loose items everywhere and may be nothing there to find one day but something in that same spot the next day! Keep hunting and good luck! image-2537273675.jpg

Attachments

• image-645935870.jpg
    image-645935870.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2638561355.jpg
    image-2638561355.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cool find, lovely ring and smiling momma. don't get much better than that. HH, Beach Papa

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I love the fact he thought of mom before the dollar. He might want to borrow your detector now. Lol

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great story, LIR, and very nice ring find!

Lorraine

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When momma is happy EVERYBODY is happy ! Great kid to think of his mom first!

I was detecting the edge of a parking lot, not finding much, my son walks up with a $10. He found just walking around, I know the feeling, but we'll get over it! Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions