PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently picked up a BHID that just sat in the closet...:dontknow: Got it for a steal, and it works fine. It has the old black o ring, so I ordered 2 from whites, one for the DF and one for the BHID. My question has anyone done the gasket on the BHID. Looks straight forward to me.... what about a small silica pack inside before I close it up? Thanksabout

I replaced mine a number of years ago and remember it being quite difficult. It took me a long time to get the "o" ring in place. There are numerous screws and you might want to have a care in the order they are tightened. The silica can never hurt.

Good luck using the BHID. When you get some experience with the machine, you might be able to shock some people with its depth. In your area of Florida in wet sand or shallow water, the BHID will beat some of the cheaper pulse machines and hang right with the Excal. It is probably the toughest water-proof detector to master, however. Hot rocks (like cut granite groin material) will give a quite characteristic, wide "bong" type signal. Give the machine a chance, because it is a little bit of a strange bird but damn good once you learn it.
By the way, it sounds like you have a pre "300" model, so you have the 9.5 inch coil. This is a good. I think the 12 inch coils on the BHID 300 are too large and make for more difficult ground balancing and possibly even decreased depth in some instances. The coil flotation problem, should you have it, is easily solved.

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 12 in coil on my DF so I am glad it is the smaller one. I haven't had much of a chance to use it, but were heading to sebastian to camp for a few days so well see how it goes. Leaving tomorrow morn... can't wait.

gobble-gobble

Sep 7, 2012
North Port , Florida
Detector(s) used
own, excal 1000, excal. II , explorer II, Fisher CZ21, Vibra-Tector

Sold-BHID (2), DetecorPro-PI, Fisher CZ 2o, Fisher1280, Sovereign & many other minelabs & whites detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good detector, I have had them.
I hut Long Island & there is lots of black sand. Trick, lower your sen. & if it happens to go to the lowest setting that's fine. You will loose some depth not not much, but you will walk right thru the BS. Do the same with the hot rocks, hunt in the all metal mode MUCH more depth.
If RED comes up don't dig it don't lie.. I had 3 BHIDS 9 1/2 " coil & 12" coil.When they 1st. came out I bought one , had it for years . Then the leaks started, got replacment more leaks. Won one at a club hunt & sold it. Now I hunt with excals ole blue 1000 & excal ii. great detectors. In my opinion the BHID does stand up with the excals. They are very good detectors. I also have a program to retune for more depth, I'll look for it & send it to you.
LOTS of luck with your New BHID & have lot 's of fun. If gold is there it will find it.

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 12 in coil on my DF so I am glad it is the smaller one. I haven't had much of a chance to use it, but were heading to sebastian to camp for a few days so well see how it goes. Leaving tomorrow morn... can't wait.

Have Fun !!! Don't become obsessed with keeping a perfect ground balance. I am not sure if gobble-gobble is referring to the same method, but I posted Andy Sabisch's super tuning procedure on your earlier thread. Now go find some cobs !!!

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what I'm hoping... maybe runinto some of ya'll out there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread