Trenchman

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
Northern england
Detector(s) used
Sov gt laser @fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm going to share all my tricks and tips on beach trenching for detectors out there who don't know what beach trenching is and what you need to carry it out.To start we need to read the beach or beaches we are going to search start looking at the beach in more detail take notice of what size the tide is You don't need a big tide to go trenching but if you get a really low tide you can find good trenching places to search. Get yourself a good probe I use a garret you will need a good digging tool and a small trowel I can tell you once you start this type of searching you won't want to do any other type of metal detecting this way comes up with the goodies I have a huge collection of rings which I will show you when I Learn to put photos on Anyway we will go onto how to and where to search in my next visit in the meantime if you need to ask anything feel free Happy hunting many thanks the trenchman

Upvote 0

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Mr. trenchman, welcome to TNet...My humble guess is it works like a prospector's sluice box. The tide washes again and again over the trench you dig, causing the heavy objects, like the gold trapped in the sluice's ridges, to fall out of the waves and get trapped in the trench. If this isn't it and it works anyway I got dibs on this idea!...MINE! BWA HA HA HA!

UH Oh, wait, we don't have a beach here. Now I will have to hope that global warming does indeed melt the polar ice because the maps I've seen of the aftermath show southern Indiana as ocean front property and then I will have a beach to test my new idea! ...WOO HOO! Does Al Gore sell sand scoops?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi the trenchman here . I wish I had time to type it out right out for u guys but I haven't the outcome is worth it iam the best in these parts

Then why did you post it here.

Unless your version of trenches is different than mine you can't dig trenches on 99% of the beaches in this country....Want to get ran off of a beach, start digging a trench....

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then why did you post it here. Unless your version of trenches is different than mine you can't dig trenches on 99% of the beaches in this country....Want to get ran off of a beach, start digging a trench.... 3% SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM We will NOT go quietly into the night!
Get us all ran of the beach for good!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Trenchman

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
Northern england
Detector(s) used
Sov gt laser @fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trenchman

You might me the best in your area ,but not on this Forum and reason you are the best in your area is because of two things. ( 1 ) you are the only person in your area that have a metal detector or ( 2 ) You are just plain Nuts !!

I don't claim to be the best on this forum (1) I don't use detector to go trenching (2) so who is nuts now!

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you brother.... Let's do this.

Backhoe2.jpg

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YA dig a trench here in the waters of The USA and see how fast you will end up in JAIL.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Metal detectorists dig trenches now? Do you use a metal detector?...or am i not understanding this post ? This cant be good. Hope you fill in your "trenches" after. Let me know which beach you trench on? Would love to swing my detector over them.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome trenchman :icon_thumright:

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow got me all warm and fuzzy feeling inside, thinking I was gonna learn the ultimate secret proving I have been beach hunting all wrong for the last 30+ years, geeezzzz now I'm so disappointed.

Trench, not a good way to introduce yourself to the forums.

Will one of you mods lock em down or just delete them as self defining fluff, or better yet, they actually did give me a lil laugh so maybe move them to the comic section.

Am I being harsh on you trench, well you cannot open a door and not expect someone to walk through it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sleeper be carefully opening that same door. ..

He is a member here and has broken no rules, on the other hand any attacks on him does violate our rules...

3%

Last edited:

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well TH, no where in my post do I see where I attacked him. Stated my honest opinion, Yes, attacked no.
As I said "Trench, not a good way to introduce yourself to the forums".
I also stated "Am I being harsh on you trench, well you cannot open a door and not expect someone to walk through it".

Now TH I fully understand about flaming someone, and I did not commit that in my posting, BUT you are a mod here and if you or jeff deem me to have broken the rules then by all means delete my post. But, if you do please remove this part of your banner, MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All we ask is give them a break, since you don't know what he means by Trenching.

& Maybe he's waiting to see if members are interested before he spends time typing it up.

Possibly he is even talking about searching natural trenches :dontknow:
I don't personally know. but Judging members who may be new to the whole forum process
is not cool.

there is also another possibility You's (including the ones who's posts I deleted,)
Already Insulted him & he may have decided we ain't worth his Time :(

Chasing members away Can be a Bannable offense if we feel it was on purpose

Last edited:

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem Jeff.

Sorry had to edit after seeing your edit.

Jeff didn't see those other post you deleted, so cannot tell, mine was a harsh reality check about coming onto a forum full of long time hunters and claiming to be the best in his area as he did earlier. "None of us are the best", it is a living, learning process, we all are taking part in. After 30+ years hunting I have learned things from others, recently I might add. There are too many very knowledgeable people on this forum to not learn something new.

In no way shape nor form did I desire to chase him away, correct him yes, chase him away no.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will one of you mods lock em down or just delete them as self defining fluff....

So how would your comment "self defining fluff" be described?

3%

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Is the grand canyon a trench. Are all trenches legal? Wheres an open fault line when I need one. Damit Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions