I agree with Susan MN..there outta be a law!... 3 ring day..gaudy; SS; & shoudda been

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree with Susan MN..there outta be a law!... 3 ring day..gaudy; SS; & shoudda been

gold, but although it looked good in the strong sunlight, it was not to be.

Hi:hello:,

beautiful day today; 17* mid -morning, but no wind, and a welcomed sunshine.

Hunted about 2 hrs . at shoreline low tide.

Found clads, a humongous junk ring, a SS ring, and a gold ?plated ring.

Also found an old button ( I love finding old buttons); not sure how old this one is. It looks to be gilded with The British crest on front , and shank intact. Looks to be stamped "NUTTING & KENT" LONDON.

It has been ID'd as a Cunard Lines uniform button.

Here's some pics...maybe tomorrow will prove more lucrative in the precious metals category.

Thank you for looking.

Lorraine

DSCF2775.JPG

DSCF2778.JPG

DSCF2779.JPG

DSCF2780.JPG

ADDENDUM:

HERE IS PIC OF BUTTON CLEANED AFTER OLIVE OIL SOAK

info on this button Officer's coat button from Cunard Lines dated circa mid 1900's

HISTORY -- Of all the cruise lines in the market of today, perhaps the most venerable would be the Cunard line. A name that is synonymous with transatlantic crossing, the Cunard Cruise Ship Line is known in some capacity to just about everybody who knows anything about ships.
The famous old brand is of course most famous for its White Star Line ships of the early part of the last century, and in particular the tragic and ill-fated liner Titanic, which even those who care nothing for travel of any sort know at least something about. Even if it is only in connection with Leonardo di Caprio and Kate Winslet, surely there is no-one reading this who does not know what happened, ultimately, to this most ambitious of passenger liners. NOTES -- There are other sets of maritime buttons available on the Travellers in Time website. If you cannot find what you are looking for please contact us with your interest at [email protected].

DSCF2785.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
well at least you are out digging and having fun!! 3 junkers is better than none! lol

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hats off to you Lorraine....a rewarding hunt under tough conditions.

I'll be doing some wet/dry shoreline hunting myself tomorrow, heat wave to 30*.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need some legislators reading these posts, darn it. Maybe tomorrow will be Gold Thursday.

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Playing in the surf zone in 17 degree weather!! Now that's dedicated.
Been There ... you need to get the big, bad, and ugly rings out of the way, so the quality will follow :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread