2_piece_with_guard.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try http://www.rtgstore.com/lightningrod.htm

There is a difference in the distance the way the battery fits between the holed depending on when your Excal was made. At Reilly's they can tell you the difference, old or new.

I never had much use for the knob guard myself. In fact I don't hipmount mine either as I prefer to suppend it from my neck where nothing bothers the knobs anyway. It can be fast tuned this way.

HH,
Sandman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His is the one I bought and I love it, very well made. Well worth the money to me.

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sand, Surfrat, and Treasure Hunter thanks for your input.

Up until last week, I had used an 800 for many hours of detectin FL surf and sand. The factory set-up really wore me out! :o

I recently sold my 800 through consignment via Kellyco and I'm purchasing a 1000.

I agree about the knob guard. With many hours detectin surf & other use, travel, I never had the knobs impacted or had any fear of it happening.

When I receive my new 1000, I will purchase an alternate shaft.

Any other comments, feedback, and/or testimony would be appreciated. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread