Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Went to the same general area in the Belmont Shore area of Long Beach, CA, as I did on Wednesday when I found the 18k Tiffany Ring.

My notable finds today were:
925 Silver Ring & Earring, 1941 Mercury Dime, 1963 Roosevelt Dime, and a 1955 Wheat.

The Mercury Dime was very deep. When I heard the faint high tone, I just kept scooping and scanning. Once I scooped past the soft and hard packed sand, I had to chop at about two inches of hard clay (you can see how deep the Merc was in the photo of the hole below). I heard a couple other faint high tones, but I gave up because chopping at the hard clay was destroying my swing scoop. This is definitely an area I will go back to with my ATX (when I get it back from Garrett) and a shovel or step-on scoop. The photo below is of the surrounding area, I gotta have some secrets :)

I also found my first Greek Coin and first Memory Card that has a corrupt file, plus other various items as shown.

I always bring my dog for my early morning hunts, so I stuck her up on a Lifeguard Chair and snapped a photo.

Then!! A couple of gals showed up as the sun was coming up. One girl had a bathing suit on with a feathered headdress and went out in the water while her friend took some photos. I have no idea what they were doing and I didn't ask. When you detect in the early morning, you see and find some of the strangest stuff.

Thanks for looking ... Have a Great Hunt this weekend......

Silver1.JPG -- Silver2.JPG -- Silver3.JPG

Silver4.JPG -- Silver5.JPG -- Silver6.JPG

Silver7.JPG -- Silver8.JPG -- Silver9.JPG

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Enjoyable post, SCBS; nice goin' on the silver finds. I love finding that old silver:icon_thumleft:

Great pics, also

Lorraine

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds...My guess on what the girls were doing is they were trying to win an on line photo contest. Photography sites like Pixoto offer monthly cash prizes for the most popular photos, and you can see a lot of photos on these sites like the girls were taking...enjoyed the pics and the story!

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...My guess on what the girls were doing is they were trying to win an on line photo contest. Photography sites like Pixoto offer monthly cash prizes for the most popular photos, and you can see a lot of photos on these sites like the girls were taking...enjoyed the pics and the story!

Hi JunkShopFiddler ... Yeah, you may be right, it must be a good contest to jump in the cold water at that time of the morning.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty fine pieces of Silver there Bud! :icon_thumleft:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Bill...Congrats! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

Some more great finds and it's pretty obvious you are enjoying yourself.

It's a good thing that gal at least had her top on ... we detectorists need all the concentration we can muster.

kladdhunden

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and some cool finds.
abit jealous and would like to join u as its raining raining raining here and it is coming snow and freezing tempatures tomorrow or monday.
About the girls, im almost 99% sure they did watch u walking around all sexy with that scoop and detector but was very shy,they finally built up enough courage to go down to the beach trying to get ur attention and if u would only have dug a hole infront of them shaking ur booty,doing moaning sounds mumbling about cents/dimes and nails they would have got exited.
the next step would be aproching and asking something in the lines of how about u,me and ur friend go up to the car and u can feel my big scoop (u must do some obvious humping action directed at ur scoop) asking this or it won't work.
This is something that happens to me everyday when im out, its just that many detectorists just don't know that girls love a man digging rusty coins and stuff with a big scoop.
Try it the next time and let me know how it goes as im only 99% sure it will work and it might be me living in a dreamworld

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and some cool finds.
abit jealous and would like to join u as its raining raining raining here and it is coming snow and freezing tempatures tomorrow or monday.
About the girls, im almost 99% sure they did watch u walking around all sexy with that scoop and detector but was very shy,they finally built up enough courage to go down to the beach trying to get ur attention and if u would only have dug a hole infront of them shaking ur booty,doing moaning sounds mumbling about cents/dimes and nails they would have got exited.
the next step would be aproching and asking something in the lines of how about u,me and ur friend go up to the car and u can feel my big scoop (u must do some obvious humping action directed at ur scoop) asking this or it won't work.
This is something that happens to me everyday when im out, its just that many detectorists just don't know that girls love a man digging rusty coins and stuff with a big scoop.
Try it the next time and let me know how it goes as im only 99% sure it will work and it might be me living in a dreamworld

Hey my Swedish friend ... It sounds like you have American Girls all figured out.

Or! You have a bad case of Cabin Fever and you need to get out and start swinging some of those thoughts out of your mind :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread