Trenchman

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
Northern england
Detector(s) used
Sov gt laser @fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi trenchman here just came home from work and put the net on and it seems I have been on a yank forum who don't know much about beach trenching. I have got all the tricks and tips to give them but but most of them are thinking it is some kind of game if this is what forums are all about then great it u want to do that I think it is total disrespect and great fun to you who have nothing else to do but from where I stand its like being back at school I've found more in one day than most of the people who have replied have found in a year .where I come from you lot are called sand kickers yet I must say some replies where sound many thank happy hunting the trenchman ps I wil still continue to post the tips and tricks watch this space as for the silly one who was thinking I was going to ask for money I don't need it I love to help other in the hobby so you can sleep ok

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trenchman, find a different approach......Now your being disrespectful....

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trenchman, no disrespect meant.

I'm still waiting to see your tips & hopefully pics of your finds
when you are confident on how to post.

till then, use the Report Button ( little Triangle Untitledj.jpg

found bottom left of each post if you are using a home computer,}

when members get rude & I'll start cleaning house :icon_thumright:

looks like it's been long overdue :(

Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
So when you dig a trench is it one that fills in as you wait. Like your sifting the sand by digging it out and letting the waves fill it in naturally. After each time you run your coil over it. I guess maybe u could dislodge some deeper targets?

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Different approach, I agree. All the typing you're doing, you could've told us how your trenching methods work by now but i guess we're still not ready for this new technique. Not bashing you. Just frustrated by this thread already.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've Goggled "trenching" and even "Trenchman" with no more ideas at what you are hinting at.

I'm actually quite curious and surprised you don't post more details .. us yanks are an impatient lot :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest existing members remember what it was like when they first joined and think twice before insulting new members. Timeouts will be handed out if they continue..

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over here on my area beaches we often refer to some of our beach hunting as, "working in the trenches". I suspect this trenching technique he's made mention of is something along these lines. :dontknow:

OP
OP
T

Trenchman

Greenie
Jan 6, 2014
Northern england
Detector(s) used
Sov gt laser @fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi joe I'm not great on comp and and iam having trouble set it out many thanks trenchman

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm a old treasure hunter since the waning days of a BFO metal detector. If you hunt the 1715 Treasure Fleet or the Colored Beach wreck, then pick a good spot when the tide is going out and start digging a ditch about 3 feet deep and 3 feet wide on the wet sand but far enough that the tide doesn't give you a problem. When you get a hole about 3X3, hunt it with the metal detector in the bottom and the sides thoroughly, nothing then dig another 3x3 and just back fill as you go and keep going as long as you can. A Minelab Excalibur 8" coil will go down 18 inches on a Silver Dime on edge and a 10" probably a bit more. Standing in a ditch 3 feet deep gives you the advantage of detecting 4.5 to 5 feet deep. It's a gamble that may pay off big or you just go home with tighter abs and a few more callouses. I've had other TH'ers caution me about giving away secrets. I don't hunt down there so I'm giving some friendly advice. If you've got the youth and the build then go for it and let me know how it went. Or has anyone on here ever tried it.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips and advice. I have greatly improved my finds! In the following pics you will see what I have dug using the technique...

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a old treasure hunter since the waning days of a BFO metal detector. If you hunt the 1715 Treasure Fleet or the Colored Beach wreck, then pick a good spot when the tide is going out and start digging a ditch about 3 feet deep and 3 feet wide on the wet sand but far enough that the tide doesn't give you a problem. When you get a hole about 3X3, hunt it with the metal detector in the bottom and the sides thoroughly, nothing then dig another 3x3 and just back fill as you go and keep going as long as you can. A Minelab Excalibur 8" coil will go down 18 inches on a Silver Dime on edge and a 10" probably a bit more. Standing in a ditch 3 feet deep gives you the advantage of detecting 4.5 to 5 feet deep. It's a gamble that may pay off big or you just go home with tighter abs and a few more callouses. I've had other TH'ers caution me about giving away secrets. I don't hunt down there so I'm giving some friendly advice. If you've got the youth and the build then go for it and let me know how it went. Or has anyone on here ever tried it.

Why not give that advice about an area you hunt?
People trying to do that would only succeed in having all metal detectors banned from the beach... The area you speak of is my home turf.
Plus the fact that horses are regularly ridden up and down that stretch of beach... I'm sure falling into a ditch would be great for their legs.
This is an open forum everyone on the internet can read this.

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These numerous threads started out interesting moved on to questionable now seem to have moved on to promoting borderline illegal activity.
How long is this going to go on?

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah - the colored beach wreck is part of the 1715 fleet, just in case you didn't know.

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not give that advice about an area you hunt?
People trying to do that would only succeed in having all metal detectors banned from the beach... The area you speak of is my home turf.
Plus the fact that horses are regularly ridden up and down that stretch of beach... I'm sure falling into a ditch would be great for their legs.
This is an open forum everyone on the internet can read this.
Gatorboy is stating something good here. A small business does offer horseback riding along the beach in the area.
Dig trenche's at your beache's. As for me, I will let nature erode the coast - then show up when condition's are right.
Also want to say, if one dig's a trench 3 foot deep x 3 foot wide on the treasure coast it will keep filling in, because the water table is VERY CLOSE. The tide has nothing to do with this. The sand will just keep falling on top of itself.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These numerous threads started out interesting moved on to questionable now seem to have moved on to promoting borderline illegal activity.
How long is this going to go on?

sorry ; Do you know the entire worlds Laws ?

& exactly what he means by trenching yet ?

an off topic example. growing Pot may be an illegal activity here.
discussing ways to grow Pot is freedom of speach I think,
but in other parts of the country, growing is perfectly legal.so it is no longer discussing an illegal activity,
just off topic for treasurenet.

so digging holes on beaches may be illegal where you are,
but not where someone interested in using the procedure is.

TreasurreNet is for the world not just for areas with allot of
baby sitter laws, storm troopers & arrest quotas to meet :tongue3:

a simple disclaimer is all that is needed.

TreasureNet is not responsible for the content of any forum message, link, or directory listing contained herein. Areas of TreasureNet are world writable. Visitor assumes all risk for downloading information from this website.
There are no warranties expressed or implied as to the results obtained from the use of the information contained herein.

http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread