Going to China in two months...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Pippin, homeland security fact sheet is interesting. Just the reason I would not want to create any problems for myself, and all government policies are followed as per their guidelines. However, I am talking about beach hunting for change and modern jewelry and not historical artifacts. I would certainly hand over any relic to proper authorities if found.If either government says that it is not allowed then the detectors stay home. No problem. But I will get a definitive answer before I go.

I know you will my Friend I know you will!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
fiancée...............OMG what did you do boy? Last time I seen you had a car load of women in my driveway.

I know who you can ask, I will send you his name, he is over on friendly..

stephenscool

Greenie
Jan 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bit of history about China. Gold and silver ownership was banned until 2008. The highest valued coin is worth around $0.18USD. No high schools or Universities have "class rings". Even if you get the detector into the country I can guarantee that any locals that see a foreigner digging up "their" beach will call the police. Even if your girlfriend is there unless she knows someone in the government... you will be in deep sh*t. At a minimum your detector gone. :goldtrophy: Its not the airport or customs or embassy you need to be concerned about. Its the local police where you are and the "locals"

Last edited:
OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Thanks Joe.
Great information Stephen thanks for the PM.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi S & W: Sorry my experience in ole China would be of no value to you. Then they were still cutting off heads and burying alive those that had land holdings. But effectively it was a Pipi paradise, men ruled and females were completely subjective. A good looking prime female of say 16 - `8 was only $ 500.

Now there was Brovchenka in Peking, , sigh a wounderful, l beautiful, night club singer and companion We would --- err oops, off subject sorry.

But as suggested drop a line to the nearest Chinese embassy --- no short cuts !!!

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi S & W: Sorry my experience in ole China would be of no value to you. Then they were still cutting off heads and burying alive those that had land holdings. But effectively it was a Pipi paradise, men ruled and females were completely subjective. A good looking prime female of say 16 - `8 was only $ 500.

Now there was Toni Brovchenka in Peking, , sigh a wounderful, l beautiful, night club singer and companion We would --- err oops, off subject sorry.

But as suggested drop a line to the nearest Chinese embassy --- no short cuts !!!

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread