Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say so... so anything good? Any Cobs?

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Honestly, nothing. This cut was on a popular 1715 wreck beach. When I first saw it, I nearly exploded - but didn't find a damn thing....

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I found one like that near a popular pier, only worth 2 quarters. Weird
Rich

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya was out there last week, and found a nice spot, but nothing goot.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That beach has some of the most promising cuts lately, then you step out and realize the renourishment sand is just extending the fore front of the cut to produce ankle deep mushy with a scattered packed sand. Seen that area with at least an 8 foot cut for yards and yards with bleak results. Still fun as anything though. Plus you never know until you try. Hope to catch up out there T.c.Ric

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Same here nice cuts no dice. Like u said hubcap still good to get out. If I was a treasure finder I would retire. But nope im a hunter with a dream. Damit Jim

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like renourishment sand!!!! better luck next time!

chuck.

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When tropical storm sandy passed by the treasure coast the dune wall was 10 to 12+ feet tall in some places. The staircases that lead from ocean fron't home's to the beach had the last step sospended in air. Some were 3 feet - other's one could walk under. Many were gone. The sand is completly different when condition's are like that. Within 2 week's the beach rebuilt itself.
The hurricane's in 2004 exposed black sand, and clay in many place's.
That is when it's good detecting condition's.
Sorry to here you didn't find nada. Even when condition's are poor - modern stuff can still be found. Cob's can also be found in poor beach condition's. There is alway's a chance. It's just has to be your lucky day.

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Yeah guys its hit or miss. You can work an incredible cut like that for hours and get nothing and then find a reale sitting on top of the dry sand half way between the dune and tide line! One guarantee is that if you don't get out there, you'll never find anything!

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah guys its hit or miss. You can work an incredible cut like that for hours and get nothing and then find a reale sitting on top of the dry sand half way between the dune and tide line! One guarantee is that if you don't get out there, you'll never find anything!

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet
You don't know, unless you go.
Very true.

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Well I usually work from Bonsteel down to Turtle Trail - I'll either have an M6 or a Whites MXT in my hand. Feel free to say hello!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now, that's an inviting scene; thanks for sharing, treasurecoasteric

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread