tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In response to many questions after my last post I feel obligated to spill the beans. First and foremost I have to give credit to my wife of 30 years who has always indulged my childish and sometime whimsical aspirations. Second I am very, very lucky to have been given the opportunity by my employer to relocate to my current location. Third, I'm basically a homebody and I have no problem going from home to work with a little stop on the beach daily. Also some of you who know me and know what I do for a living and if my handle has not given it away, I have a K9 partner who loves his job and has to sit in a kennel when we are not working so I take the least amount of time off that I can so he doesn't have to be stuck in a cage. In the past 4 years my wife has gone back to the States every 3 or 4 months to visit the kids and go shopping for things that we may not have ready access to here. She has been really good about not making me go.

But every 2 years I'm required to return to the States for a minimum of 80 hours (Employer pays for airfare to the first Stateside location). So the vacation before last we flew to Ohio, picked up the girls and drove to Mount Rushmore. Why? Because I had never been there. It was a pretty fun road trip and we took time to pull off the highway when we saw something that perked our interest, like the "Corn Palace". I also got to see an old Army buddy, who oh by the way convinced me that marrying my girlfriend was a good idea.

This vacation my wife figured we would go out west so we went to LA, San Francisco and Seattle. LA was cool, we did the Warner Bros studio tour, saw Jay Leno being taped and the show the Millers being taped. Quite interesting to see the behind the camera action.

San Francisco was very cool. Love the architecture. We walked across the Golden Gate and back. Went and did the Alcatraz tour, Fisherman's wharf, the cable cars, walked UP Lombard St, and China town. We ate well and had fun.

Seattle. Well, I wasn't very impressed. I think it's more of a summertime destination as I'm not into the artsy fartsy stuff.

Overall we had fun! Because we were on a pretty tight yet flexible schedule I requested no time to go metal detecting new territory and I think she appreciated that.

That's how I spent my last 2 summer vacations. Sorry for the long narrative. Thanks for reading and good luck out there

Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think most if not all of us were just kidding about you being on vacation where you usually live. We realize you have a real job and don't just hang out at the beach all the time, although you obviously have an enviable place to live and work. However, with that said, I do appreciate you sharing your vacation adventure. I hope to make it to all those places some day myself. It is on the bucket list to travel out west with our camper, but right now we have other family responsibilities that don't allow the wife and I to travel far from home. Wish you all the best in your beach hunting and your adventures. Blessings, Beach Papa

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep BP, I know everyone was asking in jest and I just wanted to share. Like I said I've been very lucky. I hope all the best and luck for you, yours and all the other MDers out there.

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
I enjoyed reading how you live your life to the fullest. Hope 2014 brings you peace, health and good fortune.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! very cool to get to know you a little better!! what breed is your partner? I have some Schutzhund training experience. im also originally from ohio.

chuck.

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! very cool to get to know you a little better!! what breed is your partner? I have some Schutzhund training experience. im also originally from ohio.

chuck.

He's a German Shepherd. 7 years old with a great personality.

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed reading how you live your life to the fullest. Hope 2014 brings you peace, health and good fortune.

Steve,

Back at ya! I may have said this while you were here but in case I didn't... I think we have to live rich not die rich. Looking forward to someday making one of your club meetings a putting faces with the names of some fantastic hunters who post here.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Im gonna give u some help. Do not go to Disney World. Lol. We just got a pup. Our last dog died a couple of years ago. He was an American Bulldog. My 140 pound best friend for 8 years. I should have gotten another dog sooner but couldnt do it. Well I have a hunting partner now. We are going to the beach for his first time today. Ill send some picks. Gonna bury some gold with biscuits and see what happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions