It ws 26* with winds 25-30 mid morning, but I just had to get out..you know what I

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
mean..."cabin fever"

Hi :hello:

Went to a near-by beach that is challenging to hunt at ; stingy on gold and silver, but I enjoy the quiet of this beach ...very relaxing.8-)

Over several years, I have found old coins, silver, gold and platinum at this beach , but not too often.:icon_scratch:

Today was one of those "not too often" days.???

Was pleasantly surprised to find about a 2 ft. cut with "bare bones" surface to dig in. Lots of targets dug...lots of coins & sinkers..that was about it.

Just trying to hang in there waiting for some Spring weather.

Here are a couple of pics of my meager finds. (pretty, but "junque" jewelry was found at a previous hunt)

All found on wet sand slope at "cut".

Thanks for taking a look.

Lorraine

DSCF2781.JPG

DSCF2782.JPG

Beach buggy.jpg

Upvote 0

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still say you had a respectable hunt under the conditions we had today. I hunted today also and even with high winds I was dressed for it and enjoyed every minute.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your hunt and weather that allows you out without immediate frostbite sounds wonderful. Nice to be out in the fresh air, and better yet to be hunting.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good hunt - Congrats on getting out! :occasion14:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, a very good amount of targets for those conditions...your a stronger person then me....I can do the cold but when there is wind...Nope...

Like the ride, like a snow/mobile :icon_thumright:

cool little Nash...bep bep

nash_metropolitan_snowmobile_2.jpg

GeorgiaSwinger

May 28, 2010
Georgia coast
Detector(s) used
minelab Sov. GT, minelab Excal II, Fisher CZ21, minelab Go Find 60.
Primary Interest:
If the temperature outside is lower than my age, I'm staying indoors !! :laughing7:

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt Lorraine. Unfortunately no cuts on my beaches, only slippery icy slopes down the the flats. Still good to get out. I guess after all the cold weather, the wind didn't seem bad to me yesterday. Usually I'll have my gaiter up, and my hat down so the only thing you can see is my eyes.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on this little treasure, very nice pictures, good luck next hunts.

Attachments

• playing_on_the_sand__by_a_shamsi-d64dbla.png
    playing_on_the_sand__by_a_shamsi-d64dbla.png
    375.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine, you're quite the dedicated hunter. :thumbsup: By the way, I hear you have more Artic weather heading your way.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Lorraine, you're quite the dedicated hunter. :thumbsup: By the way, I hear you have more Artic weather heading your way.

Bring it on!!!:headbang:

deep freeze.jpg

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Those earrings are gorgeous!

Thank you, CoilyGirl.

I think the larger one is a pendant , and it would have been great if I could've found the second earring even though they are of no metallic value. I do like the color of the stone.

Perhaps I will come upon the second earring when I get back to that beach.

Lorraine

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last year my sister lost a pair of earrings in the Caymans her daughter had made for her that looked much like that and I found them for her totally by accident and without a metal detector even! I see now one is larger than the other and hope you find the other earring.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK! What kind of ARMOR do you wear? I don't know how you do it. I applaud your efforts!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hats off to you Lorraine, You did alot better than me, and under much worse conditions! Congrats! :notworthy:

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine,
You may want to check the back of that earring. I found one that looked similar and it was stamped "Ippolita 925". I didn't know anything about it until I researched Ippolita. They are apparently expensive as I ended up selling the single earring on Ebay for $102.50. Here are pictures of the one I found.
Rob
IMG_0749.JPG IMG_0751.JPG

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
"Lorraine,
You may want to check the back of that earring. I found one that looked similar and it was stamped "Ippolita 925". I didn't know anything about it until I researched Ippolita. They are apparently expensive as I ended up selling the single earring on Ebay for $102.50. Here are pictures of the one I found.
Rob"

Thank you for the pic and information , Rob;

I sure wish that was the case with what I found, but here is a pic of the back of both items: hollow back/ no stamping. Maybe next time:cat:

DSCF2784.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions