Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
009.JPG 004.JPG [
Down at the local beach with my buddy John this afternoon. We have had big surf all week, 8-10ft today, movin' a lot of sand around. Walked out across the beach to the wet sand, stopped put my headphones on, turned on ol' betsy, and the coil was sitting on my first target, the silver ring. Filled the hole and took one step and the second target was the gold ring....Found both rings in the first 30 seconds I was on the beach. I've been out all last week 4 or 5 times 10-12 hrs. nothing but clad. I'm sure we have all seen a lot of sea glass but this blue disc, I thought, was very unusual especially the color...Had some other pictures but having problems loading them.

Good Luck All...:)
Rich

Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a start to a hunt! Great job.

Cliff

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going. Wish it was always that way. Glad you got some good targets today. I plan to get out Sunday (and monday and tuesday ;-). Was in Santa Monica today with my wife so brought along the detector and found a seeded area. Saw a guy way down the beach and ran into his holes (unfilled) As the tide was out further now I suddenly hit shiny new pennies at 1-3" in patches. Guess this guy wasn't using a PI and decided to mess with those of us using a PI. Oh well was good just to get out. Used the ACE 250 up by the patch and found plenty of clad at least.

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Way to score Rich....

I can't understand why people MD in the desert and mountains for a few flakes of gold, when there is gold donuts on the beach :)

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Terrific hunt, Wildcarrot!

Isn't is great to find the "goodies" in the start of the hunt!:hello2:

Yes, that blue disc is unique...pretty.

Lorraine

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool finds!
Some times you wonder after a quick find if that's gonna be it for the day and should pack it in but we know there could be more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread