Another Beautiful Cut !!!!

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
This was at "Half Reale Beach" a famous 1715 wreck beach. I nailed a piece of the Challenger Space Shuttle crash from 1986 - using MXT Pro with 12" coil

image-187442285.jpg

How's that for a relic?

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a piece of shuttle from there too - yrs ago
are you sending it back to NASA?

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironic that you recover a piece of the Challenger, just a few weeks out of the 30th anniversary, or close to that. Funny how things work. Casper, is returning such items a required directive of nasa via by laws or the such?

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice pic TC...would love to hunt a place like that

Lorraine

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Ironic that you recover a piece of the Challenger, just a few weeks out of the 30th anniversary, or close to that. Funny how things work. Casper, is returning such items a required directive of nasa via by laws or the such?

I'm sure that if you asked enough NASA rep's about this, I'm sure that you could find someone to tell you "no, you can't keep it". And for that matter, the same can be said of probably anything we find, anywhere. But seriously now, did anyone really care? Is anyone still out there looking for debri, or thinking to themselves "gee, I wonder if md'rs might find some bolt or screw?". If you asked around enough, I'm sure you'd find someone to say "you can't keep that". But it would probably be an issue of "no one cared, ... TILL you asked" routine.

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Piece of shuttle? What piece of shuttle? LOL

If they want it they are more than welcome to it, but they can come here and get it.

Yes !!! The MXT Pro works well on wet sand. I do have the toggle in salt mode and turn the sensitivity to about 70-80. Much like my M6, the wet sand just doesn't phase it.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you at Jensen main beach yesterday afternoon Treasurecoastric?

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure that if you asked enough NASA rep's about this, I'm sure that you could find someone to tell you "no, you can't keep it". And for that matter, the same can be said of probably anything we find, anywhere. But seriously now, did anyone really care? Is anyone still out there looking for debri, or thinking to themselves "gee, I wonder if md'rs might find some bolt or screw?". If you asked around enough, I'm sure you'd find someone to say "you can't keep that". But it would probably be an issue of "no one cared, ... TILL you asked" routine.

I do care, maybe due to watching every shuttle launch as youth with the grandparents, and the question inquired was more geared specifically toward shuttle debris. I understand the ask around enough, and obviously someone will direct a return to owner statement. My inquiry was for personal knowledge of such an item. Nothing more, but I appreciate the reply, I should have worded it differently.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha, saw a fella with similar set up thought may have been you, waves and he walked awAy lol

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Gotcha, saw a fella with similar set up thought may have been you, waves and he walked awAy lol

Just out of curiosity, which beach is Jenson? Yesterday I worked Wa basso from 7-10 AM and stopped at Ambersands on that home, but the wet sand was like mush.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South of fort pierce inlet and north of Stuart inlet, growing up in St Lucie when I hear treasure coast I forgot about north of the fort :p so I'm roughly 30-45 min south of you

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Ok - you'll never see me South of Sea Grape or maybe Turtle Trail in Vero Beach, I will be using a Whites and slightly resemble a linebacker. If you see me say hello ... I love talking to other coil swingers

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I indeed will, enjoyable to meet others even if they don't swing. I don't get up past pepper park/ frog museum to much and more apt to be at a park during the winter months. But I often get the must goto beach feeling, this week it paid off.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a few pieces that look to be melted titanium up that way haven't detected the steakhouse much... Interesting spot many believe it be to be the final resting place of a keelboat loaded down trying to make it to St Augustine from the site of one of the wrecks to the south.
Looking at that cut makes me feel bad about the current conditions it looks like the middle of summer out there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Yeah over all its been pretty lame - need a hurricane! Although I would settle for some 10 ft waves ..... Just anything to stir things up a bit.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would easily take 6 to 8 feet from the right direction just lasting a little while everything we got so far this season has been basically short then changed around from the other direction it's like we're just pushing the same material back and forth

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Tell me about it - I watched the same piece of driftwood basically sit in the same spot at Ambersands Beach for close to a month!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread