Best scooter for use as prop wash ?

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am looking for a sea scooter to use as a sand blaster. One strong enough to move sand without pushing me off the target. Some break down, leak, or have other issues. A sales guy at a local dive shop recommended the Seedoo BladeFish 5000, which looks like it would work well with it's big fan blades, but these are no longer available. I welcome any advice here as to the best unit, where to buy one, and any first hand experience.

Thanks, Tek

Upvote 0

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check scootermotion dot com. I can't comment on any of them but they have them for as low as $199.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you can move sand by fanning with your hand you probably don't need a lot of power!!! the higher up in power you go / the more force you use will require anchoring somehow!!!!!

chuck.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, cheap scooters are toys for swimming pools. If you want real scooter with power, battery life, and depth ratings it's going to cost $$$.

Second, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If you want power, you are going to have to work against it or anchor yourself. Of course, like Seeker said, moving sand is easy enough that you don't need a ton of power.

OP
OP
T

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
I was thinking about adding counterweights to hold it down. Fanning is good for near surface items, I would like to blow out a few feet of overburden and have a run time of an hour and a half, budget is $1000.00 or less. Thanks auferret looks like scootermotion has the bladefish in stock at a good $$

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
teklord
I would like to blow out a few feet of overburden

I had kicked around the idea of a sea scooter, then even a seedoo jetski, but now have ventured this way. Because this past summer there was a area were boats anchor and party, got stuck, motored up, and kick sand around to get out. These areas I would jump into the next day and did fairly well with the old stuff. Soooooo
In the works for my boat, pushing bay sand around, I feel that since the sand is close to two feet deep (And More) the best and fastest way is use the Honda 50. So for my Buddy Greg Diablo I put together a video for him to use for idea's...there was a good post on this over on the ship wreck forum. The only issue I see is hiding it from prying eyes, so it will only be used in areas that I can get away with...one of the most important things to remember is that sand will go into the intake of the motor, and I am sure the same with a small sea scooter.

OP
OP
T

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
OBN Wow, what an awesome set up, never saw this on an outboard. I am working in and around the ocean breakers over rocks. Unless you had wave flat conditions the chances of smashing the works on the rocks would concern me. What you have looks fantastic for lakes, the bay or any calm area. As for prying eyes, I am working in a very public area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions