Not a Bad Dat At All

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a Bad Day After All

001.JPG 003.JPG 007.JPG 009.JPG

No matter what the weather, with the minus tides I had to give it a try, and it paid off.

In addition to the four silver posted I got another 1948 quarter and another merc dime, ( can't tell the date).

The 57 school ring was a bear to get into the final condition pictured and I don't want to spend any more time trying to get it any better. 6.79g and tested 10k like most school rings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt and a great year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW! Terrific detecting, fsa46!:headbang:

Love that class ring! And equally those silver coins!

Keep 'em comin'!
Lorraine

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
That's a nice find! Gotta love digging up stuff that's been lost for 50 plus yrs and being the first to hold that piece of the past in your hands after so long lost. Great find man!!

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice older stuff! love the merc dime, I expect you will be hitting this area again.

OP
OP
F

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice older stuff! love the merc dime, I expect you will be hitting this area again.

Yes I will. I have hit old silver the last three hunts there. It's a spot that's hunted hard during the season and it just goes to show how conditions change and old stuff is brought back to the top in the Winter months.

I have been hunting another spot that has been producing a LOT of old silver and some old gold. Went back the next day after one outstanding hunt and conditions changed so dramatically it looked like a different beach.

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I truly envy you people that can hunt at this time of the year , maybe someday if I hit the lottery my daughters and I will make it down that way , not holding my breath though lol

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread