maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent taken my excal out to more than chin deep water, but just realized I dont have a decent bag for coins or jewelry. I have been using a fanny pack, and it works just fine for wading, but for diving I would loose more than I could recover. I was thinking about something that maybe could attach to my free arm, where I could actually see, where im putting the coins.

What do you divers use, that I could make, since Walmarts are few and far between here.

Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use a 6X8 rigid mesh bag with a stiff velcro seal on the top. It comes with a clip and you can find them at most dive shops. I couldnt find it online but can take a pic and send it to you if you need. It clips onto my weight belt belt and works great. I use 2, one for finds and the other I put a ping pong paddle in and use it like a holster because the paddle floats away FAST!!! I need to put a weight on it!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the same as Ferret - Works great for me, and I usually fill it by the end my 3 hour dives. Glasses, cans, coins, rings, bracelets, goggles, toys - a bit of everything. I hook it onto a retractable clip on my BC.

OP
OP
maipenrai

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a mesh bag, that I use for diving, but the mesh is not small enough for earrings or small coins, and carrying it is a bit awkward.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a mesh bag, that I use for diving, but the mesh is not small enough for earrings or small coins, and carrying it is a bit awkward.
Try the one Scuba Finder and I use. The mesh is just right and you can hose out while shaking bag to clean finds when you get home. I use it on land too so dirt falls out while hunting. It's nice and compact too.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here a link to the best one I've ever used. Made in Florida.
http://bit.ly/1iYhpEF

I bought one of these recently and really like it. I have not tried it for diving yet because it is too cold. I worry that it my be difficult to use strapped to my waist under my BCD. I also need to make sure it is not in the way if I need to ditch my weights.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread