Retrieving coins and rings from deep cracks in bedrock?

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of tool or method to retrieve coins and rings from deep cracks in bedrock in streams and rivers? Im working on an old swimming area that is mostly bedrock with deep cracks, about a foot deep. I want to keep a low profile, so dynamite is out of the question, especially when filled with swimmers! I doubt any kind of vacuum would work, since the cracks are mostly filled with small stones, wedged in pretty good. Is there any tool that is made for this job, or any idea how to make one?

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find you a store that sell mining tools ,you buy the wright tool . They sell a little thing with a little hook on it , I don't know what it's call buy they will at the store .!!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest some long forceps, but they might be considered drug paraphernalia. The hook idea or screwdriver sounds good. Good luck & HH.

jbc465

Sep 7, 2013
There is a tool that has a long spring to it at the handle end you press it like a syringe and at the other end there are some fingers that come out when pressed then when depressed the fingers will close on the item. But you will need to the the item. Good luck

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Hand held suction used for gold prospecting probably would suck a coin or ring right out of the cracks.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of tool or method to retrieve coins and rings from deep cracks in bedrock in streams and rivers? Im working on an old swimming area that is mostly bedrock with deep cracks, about a foot deep. I want to keep a low profile, so dynamite is out of the question, especially when filled with swimmers! I doubt any kind of vacuum would work, since the cracks are mostly filled with small stones, wedged in pretty good. Is there any tool that is made for this job, or any idea how to make one?
I sent you an e-mail that will help.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
There is a tool that has a long spring to it at the handle end you press it like a syringe and at the other end there are some fingers that come out when pressed then when depressed the fingers will close on the item. But you will need to the the item. Good luck

Its about 2 ft.

ForumRunner_20140201_182431.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread