Plane tickets for Puerto Rico and a New MD

RobH

Feb 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got both this past month and am heading for Puerto Rico around the first of March.
I hate, hate paying baggage fees, so I'm planning on taking down my ATP and packing it with carryon and laptop bag.
For that last reason won't get to bring my scoop, or digger- (I think- because of TSA, but not sure). Any ideas? Find a Home Depot and buy a cheap garden trowel?

Right now the plan is to spend the 1st night in Old San Juan and fly out the next morning to Culebra and hit
Flamenco Beach for 2 days, then on to Vieques and Sun Bay Beach for a couple of days.

After that I am coming back to the mainland and plan on going into El Yunque, Toro Negro and maybe Camuy to do some fresh water detecting in the rivers.
Also heading to the West Coast toward the end of the trip and last 2 days at Isla Verde.

I'd like to look at some old Spanish-American War sites, but not sure about time.
If any one is there and can point me to some good spots for an afternoon or a meet up, please let me know.

Upvote 0

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fed Ex your luggage to your hotel, usually cheaper than baggage fees any ways .. and will be waiting for you at the front desk once you get there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread