EXCAL BATTERY HELP....

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I need some guidance in making the 45 hour battery that I have heard of for the Excal . Could use parts list and how to hook it all up. Also what charger to use after the transformation. Any help would be appreciated greatly. HH 2 ALL!!!
shhhhh.... spring break is almost here :skullflag:

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your 45 hour battery Pack is not a chargeable Pack ,it's 8 AA Energizer battery Pack 40-50 hours.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Have not had a chance to work with it yet, should be March...LiPo like snooken uses. 15.7 volts, will be testing then...bigger transmit field and longer lasting (voltage stays high for a longer period of time), up to 45 hours. But possible dangers, must not leave unattended while charging and must use a charging bag. Discharge / Charge time is very quick (15minutes?) and can be charged from the car. I will be testing the transmit field / Voltage at different stages of a stock, ebay Maxx battery, and the LiPo. What I'm thinking, as the batteries voltage drops so does the detecting field. Maynot be till late fall that I will know if it is worth the extra effort and cash.

LiPo.jpg

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the Excal not have a voltage limiting circuit that would prevent the extra voltage from adding more power to the unit?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the Excal not have a voltage limiting circuit that would prevent the extra voltage from adding more power to the unit?
That is what I though but I'm
Going to find out, from talking to a Minelab tech, No regulator...he asked if I could take a stock battery and test from 12.7 down to 9.4 volts, he feels after the first 15 minutes of a fully charge stock battery the unit starts loosing depth as the voltage drops..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread