(PIC)Found Silver Piece with LOTS of DIAMONDS! Where to Sell?

george8688

Greenie
Feb 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually sell my metals to ARA, but what should I do with this Diamond piece?
IMAG0091.jpg

Upvote 0

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That gives me a giggle every time I watch that show.

We found a 5 dollar diamond, this is a new beginning. Until next week which is another new beginning lol.

I'd ebay it. Diamond chips don't fetch a lot of money. Most of them end up on the ends of drill bits. I think you'd get more as a jewelry piece than scrap.

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confirmed with Jeweler, diamonds were real. What would be best place to sell?

When it was confirmed with the jeweler, you surely asked what it was worth....what was his reply ?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone else notice the OP hasn't even logged in after
one day after signing up? No answers to anyone's questions about this piece.

Can't say as I blame them one bit considering the rude responses many posted.
Some decent folks were actually helpful to the OP, others...well, they certainly didn't
follow Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct.

Idigack

Aug 18, 2012
ACK
Detector(s) used
excal11 10 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
couple of years ago I found a platinum ring with 5 diamonds sent it to ARA who said they made bids on stones...report came back that they would give me $40 ...I thought I had something...what a joke ...jewelers are the only ones that make money on stones...good luck its a dog eat dog world out there...they all want something for nothing...gold and platinum is the only way...HH

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
couple of years ago I found a platinum ring with 5 diamonds sent it to ARA who said they made bids on stones...report came back that they would give me $40 ...I thought I had something...what a joke ...jewelers are the only ones that make money on stones...good luck its a dog eat dog world out there...they all want something for nothing...gold and platinum is the only way...HH

If you sell the stones in wearable jewelry you can still profit nicely as you are competing with the inflated retail prices of jewelers. I do know that one local jeweler will buy diamonds and that the "worthwhile money" ones start at 1/4 carat that he will pay $75 each for.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make synthetic ones for saw blades, so really the small ones might as well be sand...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread