Indiana Gold scoop arrived today!!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
image-2378460234.jpg

Really solid scoop! Can't wait to get her dirty and wet!

Attachments

• image-3322834548.jpg
    image-3322834548.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image-174977570.jpg
    image-174977570.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, Good luck with it!

excalIIuser

Greenie
Feb 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking scoop, who makes it? Looks something like my T-Rex only smaller. Good luck and let us know what you find. HH

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scoop. Good luck & happy hunting. I just modified my scoop with some 1/4 inch hardware cloth to keep those 22 casings from driving me crazy at the river and hopefully keep those chains from falling thru the 1/2 inch holes on my sunspot scoop. I probably went over board, but I put the hardware cloth on the bottom of the scoop and the back side and used the stainless steel screws to bend the bottom to the angle of the scoop. The photos from 4-5 weeks ago at the river show all the 22 casings I find and the other trash and those 22 shells sound just like a ring on my At/Pro. I've been trying to get to the river and test it out but no luck so far. Maybe tomorrow.
Last water hunt, scoop modification, snow 008 (Custom).jpg Last water hunt, scoop modification, snow 001 (Custom).jpg Last water hunt, scoop modification, snow 002 (Custom).jpg Last water hunt, scoop modification, snow 007 (Custom).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
The company that makes them is called "Beach Scoop Indiana". This one is the same size as the stavr 8" but cheaper. 135.00. Check out there video. Everybody keeps saying they're a knock off of the stavr but I disagree. It's a scoop made from a diff company, just like anything else that's made and sold. If it was a knock off , it would be a cheap piece of crap. This is a quality made solid scoop.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks Fongu! Those shell casings drive me nuts too! I may use that as well

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
The company that makes them is called "Beach Scoop Indiana". This one is the same size as the stavr 8" but cheaper. 135.00. Check out there video. Everybody keeps saying they're a knock off of the stavr but I disagree. It's a scoop made from a diff company, just like anything else that's made and sold. If it was a knock off , it would be a cheap piece of crap. This is a quality made solid scoop.

they make cheap copies, but there is a catch, they are weaker.

I strongly recommend buying original stavr scoops.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Don't see how they are weaker. Same gauge steel and same welded stems. Built identical in design. I would have to drive over this scoop to bend it. Do you own an Indiana? They are cheaper because they know they can compete with any manufacturer out there that can bend a 20.00$ piece of 2mm steel into a durable beach scoop.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I mean I'm sure I could bend it if I really tried but this scoop is designed for surf and shallow water, pebbles and wet sand. I own a Dalyn water scoop that will scoop up small boulders and rocks or dig a ditch if i want without bending.

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
Don't see how they are weaker. Same gauge steel and same welded stems. Built identical in design. I would have to drive over this scoop to bend it. Do you own an Indiana? They are cheaper because they know they can compete with any manufacturer out there that can bend a 20.00$ piece of 2mm steel into a durable beach scoop.

I have several Stavr scoops some of which are years old, there is absolutely no damage on them except for very slightly deformed nose, however I have heard stories about indiana scoops getting bent after a while, but good luck with yours

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Your prob hearing about the Indian Prime scoop. The way that one is designed is poor. The hardware that is welded to the top of the scoop for the handle causes the top plate to bend because of the way the handle insert is designed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread