Creul and Unusal Punishment...

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: Had a Basil Cell Carsooima, on my right cheek... had it there for a long time. Well for those that don't know , keep protected... i see a lot of younger people here, that might not know... Wear a hat and sunscreen, I'm not an old Geezer here like some... 45 2 weeks ago. Well for your info, they shoot ya up, cut send ya back out for an hour or so, call ya back in...:icon_scratch: cut again, send ya out... Well an hour later ya go back in... ya guessed it cut again... wait an hour. Well at least that was the last time, I think she saw my teeth through my cheek, I was in no condition to ask, big ***** here. But the Vicodan will help come tomorrow. Watch your self's out there...

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: Had a Basil Cell Carsooima, on my right cheek... had it there for a long time. Well for those that don't know , keep protected... i see a lot of younger people here, that might not know... Wear a hat and sunscreen, I'm not an old Geezer here like some... 45 2 weeks ago. Well for your info, they shoot ya up, cut send ya back out for an hour or so, call ya back in...:icon_scratch: cut again, send ya out... Well an hour later ya go back in... ya guessed it cut again... wait an hour. Well at least that was the last time, I think she saw my teeth through my cheek, I was in no condition to ask, big ***** here. But the Vicodan will help come tomorrow. Watch your self's out there...

Had several cut off, no fun, skin cancer is why you always see me with the long sleeve surfer shirt (SPF 90), a hat with neck cover and bathed in sunscreen....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear this and thanks for taking the time to post the good advice .
God bless ,Brother Al

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
got some squamish cell C on my left arm... 25 years driving w/ my arm out the window...DUH

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the heads up!!! hope you don't have any more problems!!!

chuck.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing on my right cheek,BCC and I had to go to a plastic surgeon ,he did a great job,you can hardly see the scar.Mine was positive so it took a little longer,but I had NO PAIN.It's kind of funny too,because I always use suntan lotion and wear a hat.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang,....glad to hear they caught it, sorry to hear you had to go through all that. I've been lucky so far.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing on my right cheek,BCC and I had to go to a plastic surgeon ,he did a great job,you can hardly see the scar.Mine was positive so it took a little longer,but I had NO PAIN.It's kind of funny too,because I always use suntan lotion and wear a hat.

Thing with skin cancer is what suddenly appears today could have been caused by a sunburn 10 years ago. ..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
TH is right about the long sleeve surfer shirts, they are the most comfortable in and out of the water and afford you some protection. I put the SPF50 on first then the shirt. Don't forget the SPF lip balm. After my wife had a rare skin cancer we both get checked every year. The sun is not your friend, especially here in Florida. Never take the hat off. You may be tempted to when it gets hot, but try putting a small bag of ice under it, works for me.
Good luck Tupperware, thanks for the warning.

Tek

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it will be fine, Just figured since summer is almost here, that some of the new people out there should take precautions... Won't know if I have a pirate scat til the bandage comes off.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
other Fla. friends have had skin cancer and/or cancerous growths
when I go down there or to the Carribean -I wear the heaviest anti sun lotion
I can find - Im out to hunt - not get a tan (or burn) -or any other skin ailments

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Sorry to read of your skin malady, SST; thank you for sharing your experiences with us and for the advice...much appreciated.

Take care...stay well,

Lorraine

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Malady? Not me... even if i was a girl... Well took the cover off... She did a nice job, 2 in long or so, right in my nasal fold, so it probably won't be noticeable. Kinda a bigger cut that I thought needed, the spot was < 1/2 dia. Yes it helps to be careful now, but it is your past that causes it. Be safe...

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Thanks for sharing. Not to put the fear of God in anyone..... however, facts are facts. Smoking does not seem to go well with skin cancer risk either. My father had a basal cell carcinoma on his nose one year. About 1-1/2 years later he was diagnosed with bladder cancer, lung cancer and liver cancer. Was the skin cancer related to the others? I don't think they know for sure, but it seems obvious to me that once your body is fighting one type of cancer, it seems to be more susceptible to loosing the battle with other cancers. It was the liver cancer that took his life 6 months after the diagnosis. He was 64 years old. Moral of the story is, if you smoke, quit before it cuts your life short. If you don't smoke, don't start, it is not cool to die young. I am now 65 years old and I often think of the many things my dad missed by dying at 64. It breaks my heart than my own 40 year old son smokes, but I can't stop him, he has to make that decision for himself.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had two basal cell carcinomas removed in the last year, chest and driver's window arm.... Oh, it could never happen to me....

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best to stay out of the sun (when it is most intense)

You can buy head sweat bands, which are designed to work like a radiator, after being soaked in water.
Work great, especially if you carry ice water.
I was able to purchase hooded long sleeve surfer shirts (we call them rash guards)
at Costco (Hawaii). They were manufactured by a local - unfortunately the bag is sealed, and there is no
outside label to identify who made it.
NRS sells UV Buff head ware which can be worn twelve different ways to wick moisture away and keep you cool.
and it blocks 95% of the suns rays: neckerchief, headband, hairband, wristband, face mask, balaclava, hair scrunchie, saharine, pirate cap, beanie, bandanna, and helmet liner. Or invent your own style.

Even with all the protection, mentioned (sunblock, lip balm, SPF 50 sunscreen, hat with flap, you can still get fried if you are out too long in the sun, and/or burnt by the wind.

In Hawaii, the sun is even more intense as it is closer to the equator.
Protecting your lips with Lip balm is especially important, as you can be severely burnt without it.
The best protection is not to be in the sun (11AM to 2PM) PST, when it is most intense.
I prefer detecting after 4PM when most bathers have already headed home, and you don't have to worry
about staying too long as it will soon be dark. You have to be very disciplined and get off the beach
here before 10AM if you go the sunrise patrol route.

TH is right about the long sleeve surfer shirts, they are the most comfortable in and out of the water and afford you some protection. I put the SPF50 on first then the shirt. Don't forget the SPF lip balm. After my wife had a rare skin cancer we both get checked every year. The sun is not your friend, especially here in Florida. Never take the hat off. You may be tempted to when it gets hot, but try putting a small bag of ice under it, works for me.

Tek

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best to stay out of the sun (when it is most intense)

.You can buy head sweat bands, which are designed to work like a radiator, after being soaked in water.
Work great, especially if you carry ice water.

I was able to purchase hooded long sleeve surfer shirts (we call them rash guards)
at Costco (Hawaii). They were manufactured by a local - unfortunately the bag is sealed, and there is no
outside label to identify who made it.

NRS sells UV Buff head ware which can be worn twelve different ways to wick moisture away and keep you cool.
and it blocks 95% of the suns rays: neckerchief, headband, hairband, wristband, face mask, balaclava, hair scrunchie, saharine, pirate cap, beanie, bandanna, and helmet liner. Or invent your own style.

Even with all the protection, mentioned (sunblock, lip balm, SPF 50 sunscreen, hat with flap, you can still get fried if you are out too long in the sun,
and/or burnt by the wind.
In Hawaii, the sun is even more intense as it is closer to the equator. Protecting your lips with Lip balm is especially important, as you can be severely burnt without it.
The best protection is not to be in the sun (11AM to 2PM) PST, when it is most intense.
I prefer detecting after 4PM when most bathers have already headed home, and you don't have to worry
about staying too long as it will soon be dark. You have to be very disciplined and get off the beach
here before 10AM if you go the sunrise patrol route.

Tek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread