Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Hi All ... I hit the surf at the Dog Beach this morning for the 5:38AM low tide.

My dog and I started scanning at 5AM and targets were plentiful. My arms still haven't recovered from scooping the muck in Long Beach over the weekend, so by 6:30 today my arms were shot. Today's beach has much softer sand, so much easier on the arms.

My best finds were a 925 Silver Ring and a very cool stack of encrusted coins. When I scanned over the crusted ball it gave a very strong signal. After I scooped it, all I could see is what appeared to be a rock with marine growth on it. It didn't have any rust oozing out of it, so I just put it in my pocket. When I got home, I took a pair of wire dykes to it, and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Five stacked coins! I never found anything like it and I wonder how it ended up like that with the coins so perfectly stacked. The only thing that could have been better is if the stack was gold or silver coins :)

I found a cool little truck a while back and will display the coins in the back of the truck (photo below).

Thanks For Looking......HH

Dog1.JPG -- Dog2.JPG -- Dog3.JPG

Dog4.JPG -- Dog5.JPG -- Dog6.JPG

Upvote 0

ScooperDave

Jan 29, 2014
Orange County, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT w/10"x 12" SEF Butterfly Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sharp looking silver ring, like the turquoise, congrats! Hows the beach looking over there? Any cuts?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring I love silver and turquoise.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sharp looking silver ring, like the turquoise, congrats! Hows the beach looking over there? Any cuts?

Thanks ScooperDave ... this has been a very warm and mild winter so far, although we had a few days of 8-10 surf a couple weeks ago that made some cuts at some beaches, but no strong sand moving storms yet. The jet stream has been staying far north messing with the east coast and giving SoCal summer weather.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Man that would of had me trippin. Nice finds. I wish u had hit the bullion. Hell you might have found a coin clump area. Lol

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SCBS, I love that silver "Chunker" with the beautiful stone!

Interesting about those stacked coins.

I wish you continued success; still lots of snow here in SW CT, but slowly I'm diggin' out .

Lorraine

DSCF2788.JPG

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SCBS, I love that silver "Chunker" with the beautiful stone!

Interesting about those stacked coins.

I wish you continued success; still lots of snow here in SW CT, but slowly I'm diggin' out .

Lorraine

View attachment 948018

Poor Lorraine :) Will the cold and snow ever end on the East Coast ... Thank you for your comments!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread