S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm leaving my trash everywhere!!!

You read that right.... I hunted/hunt with a DF, but got tired of digging junk, so I got a BHID off Cl for a good deal. Well I posted this years ago, but I dig everything with the PI and hauled it out, now I kinda feel bad leaving what could be a hook, or old sparklers. Everyone is an advocate of cleaning up, but if you know it's junk and leave it in the ground shame on you...:laughing7:

Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no problem! ill come along with my pi ang dig it up!!!!

chuck.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the beaches I hunt I feel sorry for the PI guys...if I dug everything I heard I wouldn't get very far and would be burnt out in no time.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trash? What trash? :laughing7:

Attachments

• stuff2.jpg
    stuff2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 165

Across

Greenie
Mar 28, 2012
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 3300 - We all started somewhere!
Minelab Excalibur II 800
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,

You are making me doubt the Sand Shark I just purchased! That pile of tras.. ermm, treasure.. looks massive!

Joking aside, I think I will really enjoy the PI. I have an excal but I really can't stand to discriminate! If you hunt in the surf there shouldn't be much trash other then lead. As for the dry sand, someone needs to keep the beaches clean! The tourist sure don't.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,

You are making me doubt the Sand Shark I just purchased! That pile of tras.. ermm, treasure.. looks massive!...

Here is part of the reward for digging all the garbage..

Attachments

• summer2011.jpg
    summer2011.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG00872-20120625-0728.jpg
    IMG00872-20120625-0728.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 154
  • gold cache 002.jpg
    gold cache 002.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 145
  • gold cache 003.jpg
    gold cache 003.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 142

Across

Greenie
Mar 28, 2012
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 800
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,

I've seen quite a few of your pictures, here and on your site. I don't get around to posting very often but I love to lurk in the shadows. There is just such a great community here! You have done very well with the sand shark. I can only hope to do half as good as you when I get mine next week. If you were down this way (FL) I would love to watch you work with the shark. I am certain I could learn a thing or two.

I am pretty darn excited about getting it. It will be my first PI, but I am fairly sure I will swing it well. I am not afraid of a little extra work. Tesoro seems to make some pretty good machines. I am just sad I haven't tried any of theirs sooner.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you take it all out - like Terry does _(I hunt in all metal myself) - you will get gold that others pass up - I lost count the amount of times I pulled out a bunch of nails - to be rewarded with a piece of gold under them and a bunch of guys before me had said they cleaned the spot out - Ive pulled up large pieces of iron and then rechecked and gotten gold deeper under trash too - I hit a Fla. trough that was solid with bottle caps and pull tabs and came up with a nice diamond -small gold band that rang off as trash but got it because I took it all out - hey if you pull the amount of old junk that Terry did in pic - next time you go back - its that much less you'll get - if its a spot near you - if you keep taking it out - eventually all you'll get for trash is that from that day
people just dont seem to realize that - a lot of spots I hit - luckily most of the guys do follow my lead and take it all out - I can take you to a dozen spots in the summer that all you'll get is recent trash drops because we clean them all out

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Im not as experienced as all these guys but I have found goodies because I dig all. Hust wish I could discriminate the condom wrappers.

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
All this came from a beach 5 minutes from my house, I have hunted it countless times with my Excal along with many other hunters. Then I got a PI Infinium LS with the large Mono coil and re hunted digging anything that changed the threshold, then rescanning the hole for more witch there was more!!
If I told myself that I got all these goodies from this beach that is hunted heavily I would not believe me, But they were there after the TRHASH was REMOVED.
HH Jim

Attachments

• thash1.jpg
    thash1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 127
  • trash2.jpg
    trash2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 138
  • thash3.jpg
    thash3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 135

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
About a year ago I was hunting and came across a nail. Then there was another nail and another. After about 7 to 10 the last hit was a 1937 buffalo nickel. One year off of the good one. I put it in my pouch thinking dude thats a freakin indian head. Couldnt get the smile off my face all the way home. DIG ALL

OldSean

Jan 6, 2012
York, PA
Detector(s) used
White M6, White 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One man's trash is another's treasure. I have found useful tools and tackle with my PI. I figure its like fishing. Some days its nothing but sunfish and some days its huge bass. I tell folks I am not treasure hunting, I am beach cleaning.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even with an Ecal I pick up more then my share of junk. :BangHead:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this came from a beach 5 minutes from my house, I have hunted it countless times with my Excal along with many other hunters. Then I got a PI Infinium LS with the large Mono coil and re hunted digging anything that changed the threshold, then rescanning the hole for more witch there was more!!
If I told myself that I got all these goodies from this beach that is hunted heavily I would not believe me, But they were there after the TRHASH was REMOVED.
HH Jim
Are you saying that everyone of those good targets was masked by trash?...you didn't get one good find until all the trash was removed?

Idigack

Aug 18, 2012
ACK
Detector(s) used
excal11 10 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
casper you are one of my heros...the great OBN is the other...god bless both of guys...you give me faith thanks...HH

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
Are you saying that everyone of those good targets was masked by trash?...you didn't get one good find until all the trash was removed?

No they were not all masked, some were but the small lead split shot at 4 inches was the same response as a gold ring at 14 inches. Same as all the small iron and and other stuff, by going slow and digging every thing got the job done, the beach was replenished in or about 1964 so all the goodies were at 13+ inches so there were no ear blasting signals . yes I was there a long time. at some time in the future I would like to hunt this spot with a ATX and a CTX to see how the Infinium did as all good targets were about at its limits.

Across

Greenie
Mar 28, 2012
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 800
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
re:

if you take it all out - like Terry does _(I hunt in all metal myself) - you will get gold that others pass up - I lost count the amount of times I pulled out a bunch of nails - to be rewarded with a piece of gold under them and a bunch of guys before me had said they cleaned the spot out - Ive pulled up large pieces of iron and then rechecked and gotten gold deeper under trash too - I hit a Fla. trough that was solid with bottle caps and pull tabs and came up with a nice diamond -small gold band that rang off as trash but got it because I took it all out - hey if you pull the amount of old junk that Terry did in pic - next time you go back - its that much less you'll get - if its a spot near you - if you keep taking it out - eventually all you'll get for trash is that from that day
people just dont seem to realize that - a lot of spots I hit - luckily most of the guys do follow my lead and take it all out - I can take you to a dozen spots in the summer that all you'll get is recent trash drops because we clean them all out

Casper,

This is exactly why I decided to pick up a PI machine. I really like my excal, but I usually rock it with no disc on. I am really looking forward to getting my sand shark next week!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HH Jim

I'm curious why you just didn't use the Excal in all metal mode and dig everything?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread