gaboynfla

Nov 19, 2012
Edgewater Fla.
Detector(s) used
B H Sharpshooter 11
Garret Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the two guys I saw at new symrna beach this weekend, FILL IN YOUR HOLES!
The guy I saw on Saturday morning had an Excal, and the one this morning had a nice machine because he was in the wet sand. I know these people have read a little bit about detecting and know they should fill in the holes. You would think these grown men could fill in a hole if they a strong enough to dig one. I guess they are just lazy, and are not worried about older folks or kids stepping in them and getting hurt. If it happens enough, we may not even be able to detect the beaches. Please fill in your holes or just sell your detector and buy a nice fishing pole. That way I can find and keep the lead waits you lose because ya'll are to lazy to ty them on the right way. Oh by the way, please stay out of the parks and anywhere else that the water won't fix the holes sooner or later. Sorry for the rant, I'm just getting tired of sorry ### people.

Upvote 0

nhdigging

Greenie
Feb 20, 2014
To the two guys I saw at new symrna beach this weekend, FILL IN YOUR HOLES! The guy I saw on Saturday morning had an Excal, and the one this morning had a nice machine because he was in the wet sand. I know these people have read a little bit about detecting and know they should fill in the holes. You would think these grown men could fill in a hole if they a strong enough to dig one. I guess they are just lazy, and are not worried about older folks or kids stepping in them and getting hurt. If it happens enough, we may not even be able to detect the beaches. Please fill in your holes or just sell your detector and buy a nice fishing pole. That way I can find and keep the lead waits you lose because ya'll are to lazy to ty them on the right way. Oh by the way, please stay out of the parks and anywhere else that the water won't fix the holes sooner or later. Sorry for the rant, I'm just getting tired of sorry ### people.
Know what you mean. I've seen these posts before, but never actually seen it happen, until yesterday. Great day in the NH seacoast. Walked past another detectorist. He had a very long handed shovel, no scoop. Thought odd, but whatever. On my way to my car I saw all of these holes not filled in. Out side the holes was trash (ie rusted iron, bottle caps, etc).

I turned around but the guy was long gone. Zero common sense for some.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't have to read anything to know you should fill your holes, its common sense, which is rare these days...People are getting stupider and stupider...I see them everyday, driving down the freeway texting away, walking around with their pants falling off, etc., etc.

gobble-gobble

Sep 7, 2012
North Port , Florida
Detector(s) used
own, excal 1000, excal. II , explorer II, Fisher CZ21, Vibra-Tector

Sold-BHID (2), DetecorPro-PI, Fisher CZ 2o, Fisher1280, Sovereign & many other minelabs & whites detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YUP ER. Some people just want to dig & leave the holes for someone else. Same thing happens here on LI.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens sometimes at NSB, a couple of them even being somewhat regulars, and trust me, "they don't care." Say anything to them and they are likely to even do more of it in spite. They are grumpy and they have piss poor attitudes right out of the gate. Not saying this was the same guys, but it's likely. I watched one guy with a PI leave a line of absolute craters down the beach, it was like following Godzilla's foot prints, and he wasn't a newbie. Bottom line....."some don't care and they never will, and they enjoy pissing people off as much as they enjoy digging in the sand." Sad but true. If I ever get like that someone please shoot me!

PS: Did you have any luck today? Not even seen the beach in a few months. :BangHead:

Last edited:

Hawkeye35

Feb 16, 2014
I see people digging holes on the beach all the time without filling them in and no one seems to care. I think its weird that someone would complain just because the person who dug the hole was a detectorist. Unless of course if the holes are far enough from the water not to be washed away by the tide.

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I agree. We even have a problem with people driving on the wrong side of the road. Then crashing into some one.
They must have gone to that University in Madison Wisconsin to be that far left.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fill my holes but you will get others on here saying mother nature will fill them back in. Also will get told no one fills in their sand castle holes ETC ETC.
Kind of a double edge sword I guess.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug some monster holes in the low wet sand, filled them in and it still looked like a bomb went off. :laughing7: Not always easy to tell if a hole has been filled in sometime from a distance, things being so soupy and soggy it still leaves a messing looking situation.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I've dug some monster holes in the low wet sand, filled them in and it still looked like a bomb went off. :laughing7: Not always easy to tell if a hole has been filled in sometime from a distance, things being so soupy and soggy it still leaves a messing looking situation.

Same here I fill them the best I can. But u can still see a huge indentation. I need to a huge divot tool. I just step and stamp the sand as much as possible.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I fill my holes but you will get others on here saying mother nature will fill them back in. Also will get told no one fills in their sand castle holes ETC ETC.
Kind of a double edge sword I guess.

Sorry but I feel compelled to point out this one thing .
No One that I know of ,is trying anywhere , to Pass Legislation to Prohibit the building of sandcastles, burying your date in the sand etc. Besides simple common courtesy , care for the safety of joggers , The elderly and many more reasons everyone here will probably think of, We NEED to fill the (expletive ) holes for the preservation of the hobby!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but I feel compelled to point out this one thing . No One that I know of ,is trying anywhere , to Pass Legislation to Prohibit the building of sandcastles, burying your date in the sand etc. Besides simple common courtesy , care for the safety of joggers , The elderly and many more reasons everyone here will probably think of, We NEED to fill the (expletive ) holes for the preservation of the hobby!
Yeah, its so easy for them to say no more detecting...we are a small group and they get little opposition when they ban it...since it affects such a small group, they don't care. We have to do what we can to fly under the radar.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to be sorry for the rant, you are saying what should be said!
I am not advocating violence but "Change only occurs when the pain of continuing with the way things are becomes too great!"

If we were truly pirates, this would not be a problem, as pirates have rules which must be followed or else
(Arg)!

To the two guys I saw at new symrna beach this weekend, FILL IN YOUR HOLES!
The guy I saw on Saturday morning had an Excal, and the one this morning had a nice machine because he was in the wet sand. I know these people have read a little bit about detecting and know they should fill in the holes. You would think these grown men could fill in a hole if they a strong enough to dig one. I guess they are just lazy, and are not worried about older folks or kids stepping in them and getting hurt. If it happens enough, we may not even be able to detect the beaches. Please fill in your holes or just sell your detector and buy a nice fishing pole. That way I can find and keep the lead waits you lose because ya'll are to lazy to ty them on the right way. Oh by the way, please stay out of the parks and anywhere else that the water won't fix the holes sooner or later. Sorry for the rant, I'm just getting tired of sorry ### people.

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even when I am wading the water chest deep I fill in the sand as much as I can. Since I am only able to do fresh water now there are no tides to speak of to wash sand back into holes.

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent the better prt of a detecting day last summer filling in holes someone left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread