When Plans Fall Apart......

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years of research, months of exploring several miles of beach so I'd know exactly what to expect at each of my targeted areas, the winds and ocean conditions dictating these hunts. In the meantime as I prepared for those favorable winter currents I remained busy setting myself with the most versatile hunting machine I could manage, a pull behind cart and even a small backpack ready to be employed when circumstances required it. These hunts were all that I have been waiting for, all winter I have waited for them, and yet winter has simply let me down this year, those steady winds and currents never arriving long enough to get the job done. BUMMER! BUMMER! BUMMER! :BangHead:

Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya, probably be over next weekend...

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took mel about 20 years!!!

I guess now we have to hope for a cane or see what October or November may bring.

chuck.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BS: A plan only prepares you for a situation, it does not control it.
While an unaimed arrow never misses its target!

You would be much better off going with the flow
Mo betta "Chill Out and Hang Loose".

Years of research, months of exploring several miles of beach so I'd know exactly what to expect at each of my targeted areas, the winds and ocean conditions dictating these hunts. In the meantime as I prepared for those favorable winter currents I remained busy setting myself with the most versatile hunting machine I could manage, a pull behind cart and even a small backpack ready to be employed when circumstances required it. These hunts were all that I have been waiting for, all winter I have waited for them, and yet winter has simply let me down this year, those steady winds and currents never arriving long enough to get the job done. BUMMER! BUMMER! BUMMER! :BangHead:

Last edited:

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If the gold is lost and isn't found, then the hunt will be that much more exciting after the next big blows...... Happy Hunting whenever you get the chance to hunt. Beach papa

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BS: A plan only prepares you for a situation, it does not control it. While an unaimed arrow never misses its target! You would be much better off going with the flow Mo betta "Chill Out and Hang Loose".
I dear hunt......"un-aimed arrows always miss their mark." :laughing7: "Going with the flow" is great,....as long as it's flowing the right direction. :laughing7:
Been "chilling out and hanging loose" all winter......relaxing and carefree for sure, but not very inspiring or productive. :BangHead:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the gold is lost and isn't found, then the hunt will be that much more exciting after the next big blows...... Happy Hunting whenever you get the chance to hunt. Beach papa

Believe it or not.....not really looking for gold. I can't believe I just said that......:icon_scratch: :laughing7:

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna hit the Brass hole again... Found some interesting stuff.

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel you pain, things aren't exactly the way we wanted this Winter either. I hit three different beaches today and all were sanded in.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wifey and I will be that way Fri. by noon I would suppose...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wifey and I will be that way Fri. by noon I would suppose...

Low Tide at 1:22pm -0.3......"call me" and we'll hook up. Oh Treasure Hunter! Oh Seeker41! Calling Treasure Hunter & Seeker41! :laughing7: You fella's want to go play in the water & sand?

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
My brother lives up there in port orange. Just havent been able to get up for visit. It would be cool to hunt with you all.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out this past weekend. A lot of sand moved but all I found was a modern penny and a bright shiny nickel another MD'er apparently had just lost lying next to an unfilled dig hole. Fill the holes! No good stuff anywhere on the beach.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low Tide at 1:22pm -0.3......"call me" and we'll hook up. Oh Treasure Hunter! Oh Seeker41! Calling Treasure Hunter & Seeker41! :laughing7: You fella's want to go play in the water & sand?

yes, Bahamian or puerto rican sand and calm water!!!!!:occasion14:

worked all day today and will probably work Saturday!!!!!:BangHead:

chuck.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, Bahamian or puerto rican sand and calm water!!!!!:occasion14: worked all day today and will probably work Saturday!!!!!:BangHead: chuck.

Probably be a lot of sand and can slaw. but......I just need the fix. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out this past weekend. A lot of sand moved but all I found was a modern penny and a bright shiny nickel another MD'er apparently had just lost lying next to an unfilled dig hole. Fill the holes! No good stuff anywhere on the beach.

I don't expect to find much....just going to introduce my machine to the beach again. :laughing7: Hope I can remember how to turn it on.....:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread