Todays Recent Drop ........ Ouch!

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Today's Recent Drop ........ Ouch!

As always when leaving any beach, I check by the entrances. Easy sugar like sand, and great spot for recent drops.

Today while exiting a. beach about 1 mile South of Sebastian Inlet, my headphones almost blew off! My VDI was reading "overload" etc. After everything settled down, the VDI said it was 3" down, I figured it was probably a beer can.

image-2370816643.jpg

In one scoop I grabbed this. It's like new and says " Winchester 2005". I am 99.9% positive that somewhere right now, a fisherman is bummed about losing a nice knife. FYI - it cuts paper .... Thing is Ike a razor. Can you imagine what could have happened if someone had stepped or fallen on this?

Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice knife!
But it does not look like the type of knife that would be used for fishing.
Blade is rather short for filleting and too fancy for cutting bait.

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
ANd many people forget how many of us (at least those of us who do clean up after our diggings) are saving a few people from a potential nasty surprses. So many times I have found big fishing hooks and bottle caps attached to partly buried broken bottles of booze left on the beach.

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the blade was open weird, the guy had it razor sharp so know how dangerous knives are, then transports it open?

As always when leaving any beach, I check by the entrances. Easy sugar like sand, and great spot for recent drops.

Today while exiting a. beach about 1 mile South of Sebastian Inlet, my headphones almost blew off! My VDI was reading "overload" etc. After everything settled down, the VDI said it was 3" down, I figured it was probably a beer can.

View attachment 951050

In one scoop I grabbed this. It's like new and says " Winchester 2005". I am 99.9% positive that somewhere right now, a fisherman is bummed about losing a nice knife. FYI - it cuts paper .... Thing is Ike a razor. Can you imagine what could have happened if someone had stepped or fallen on this?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might of rigged a holster to carry knife open.
Or if fishing, it could of spilled out of tackle box.
the blade was open weird, the guy had it razor sharp so know how dangerous knives are, then transports it open?

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and glad you removed a potential threat to somebody walking on the beach.

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and helping keep people safe who knows maybe it belonged to one of those bad people that didn't just lose it but buried it because of the law but good find and HH

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some kid is trying to explain to his dad where the knife he took is

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found five blades last week at dime beach. Maybe get one every couple months so was off to find so many. Two old and folded thankfully. One fresh drop folded. But two handles gone but blade there and still able to do serious damage. Sharp blade with other end rusty so dangerous either way. Couple bystanders said thanks for getting those off the beach. Found a tackle box spill too. Dozen shiny new hooks and some big plugs with treble hooks. Don't mind digging that so some kid doesn't step on them.

nhdigging

Greenie
Feb 20, 2014
Boy, it's a good thing we as detectorists clear these hazards from the beaches. Give yourself a pat on the back. This is generally the part no one sees while out there.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen those hooks are not fun to remove from skin. Removing the knives could of saved someone's life. People that loose opened knives should not be able to carry them lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread