Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Went to the Huntington Beach pier area at low tide this morning at 4AM before the high surf arrives later this morning. I started at the pier area, then went to the dog beach area.

Exactly one week ago, I found a gold plated ring and posted a thread on TNet about getting "The Middle Finger Twice" because of a charm that looked like a middle finger pointing at me that I found that same day as the plated gold ring.
Well, today I found the sister of that gold plated ring not more than 50-feet from where I found the first one last week. I posted both rings today, so you can see they are the exact same ring in every detail. So that thread from last week needs to be corrected to: Got the Middle Finger Three Times!! :)

Anyway, I did redeem myself some at the dog beach by finding a 925 Silver Earring. I found some good cuts at the high tide mark at the dog beach that produced plenty of coinage, two dog tags, and one dog license that were 14+ inches down all within 50-feet of each other. I will call the Animal Control phone number on the license and try to return it. It started to rain again at 8AM, so I left.

Also, I met two TNet members that showed up after 6AM while I was at the pier area. Hopefully the 11+ foot surf coming in today will open up more treasures.

Thanks for Looking ... Enjoy your HH Weekend......

Odds1.JPG -- odds2.JPG -- odds3.JPG

odds4.JPG -- odds5.JPG

Update:

I tried to clean up that wasted quarter in the foreground in the pile. Wow, it has been in the sand a very long time. I can't make out any detail on it.

P1040690.JPG -- P1040687.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like some sweet cuts happening there!!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they aren't rings...possibly brass spacers off something...they aren't made like most rings and if they are exactly the same size, I bet they aren't rings. :dontknow:

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they aren't rings...possibly brass spacers off something...they aren't made like most rings and if they are exactly the same size, I bet they aren't rings. :dontknow:

You may be right ... what I find strange is the rings are narrower on one side and wider on the other like a ring would be. But who knows.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty neat finds!!! Man that quarter has seen better days!!!

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good huntin. You guys are getting a late blast. We got nothing on the lower east coast.

We got a blast and a half today when the 12-foot surf came in in the afternoon. After I left Huntington, I took a short break and found some monster cuts where I couldn't walk three feet without another target. I got to the point when I heard a faint signal, I dreaded having to scoop 14"+. I will post what I found this afternoon with tomorrow hunt. It should be great! Can't wait.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be right ... what I find strange is the rings are narrower on one side and wider on the other like a ring would be. But who knows.
If they are narrower on one side they must be rings. :dontknow:

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some monster waves you Cali kids are having, interesting Star of David pin, makes me wonder on its backstory. And my favorite treasure the pressed pennies. Been collecting those since youth, super glad that someone made a coin book for them. Great finds, keep those pictures coming

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Love the salt water FROG.
Rings or conical brass busshings?
Your cuts look like canyons compared to the 6 inch cuts I am used to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread