Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
The high storm surf came in ... cuts galore ... and game on!

The plate on the Left was from today and the plate on the Right was from yesterday afternoon. Cuts in the beach that were there yesterday, were gone today with the monster surf and high tide last night.

I did get a bit of silver both days, but no gold. With the high surf it was impossible to get to the sweet spots even at low tide. The 10-14 foot surf is supposed to go down to 2-3 foot tomorrow ... so maybe some gold will show down low on the slope..

A lot of those greenies were way, way, down deep and I was a scooping fool in between sets of waves. Many targets I had to give up on because I couldn't scoop those 14" deep whispers fast enough as the watery wet sand kept caving in.

Anyway, I'm dead tired ... Thanks for looking

P1040691.JPG -- P1040710.JPG -- P1040699.JPG

KIMG0044.jpg -- P1040702.JPG -- P1040704.JPG

KIMG0053.jpg -- KIMG0049.JPG -- KIMG0043.JPG

KIMG0048.JPG -- KIMG0046.JPG -- KIMG0058.JPG

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Bill ... yeah I'm tired too!

Beautiful day today after all...just too much severe wave action washing everything away.

Couldn't find jewelery today to save my life. Plenty of coins .. a couple of them silver but that was all for me.

I might sample the north side a bit but I believe our gold dreams are done for this storm...bummer!

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like some good hunting conditions.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill ... yeah I'm tired too!

Beautiful day today after all...just too much severe wave action washing everything away.

Couldn't find jewelery today to save my life. Plenty of coins .. a couple of them silver but that was all for me.

I might sample the north side a bit but I believe our gold dreams are done for this storm...bummer!

Hi Joe,

I can't believe we were the only one scanning the beach yesterday

Believe it or not, after being totally whoop from yesterday, I made it to the beach right at the 4:30 AM low tide today. The surf was way down, I could scan way down on the slope, and I found 10.1 grams of 14k GOLD!!!

I will be posting the band and what else I found in a bit. I found two more firsts for me.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Yep...way down on the slope ...shows it was washed away and down. My digging shoulder is aching or I'd be out there too. :laughing7:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Love those pics of the beach, SCBS...and congrats on the silver finds

Good luck out there on your next hunt.:headbang:

Lorraine

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those pics of the beach, SCBS...and congrats on the silver finds

Good luck out there on your next hunt.:headbang:

Lorraine

Thank you Lorraine ...

It would be great if more member would post photos of the places they detect at and post all their finds. I like it when you can see the type of places people MD at all over the world, it makes the whole forum thing more fun and interesting.
I notice some only post beach finds when they find gold or silver coins. Hell, I post the Good, Bad, and Ugly. My ego went south a long time ago :)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... It would be great if more member would post photos of the places they detect at ......

Yes, your "in-situ" pix of the cuts are GREAT! Gets me ... uh.... "aroused" just looking at them. I agree that having just the pix of solo coins and/or rings is only half the story. The site-pix are what makes hunting fun to begin with.

I have a bunch of site pix of the beach that's been porking out for us up here in Central CA. Will post within the next few days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread