Vacation Blues

Chuck-N-Detroit

Oct 18, 2010
Warren, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Equinox and Deus
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been looking forward to my vacation for months. As we all know when you are getting ready to go on vacation, you think “what if I get a cold the day I leave”? Well on the plane down a lady was coughing without covering her mouth so after a few times I asked her to cover. Well sure enough, I came down with a cold. I was going to “rent” a car from my wife’s friend so I held off for a week and just hung out. Just as my cold cleared, I was carrying two dishes from breakfast into the kitchen and stepped on a rock that my wife set up to keep the door open. Down I went………. Ripped open my left hand and foot, landed on my right shoulder. So now, after another week I am 90% back to normal (but still have a sore shoulder). Now the car is not avail. until this Wed. So, I will end up with 2 or 3 days detecting IF I am lucky The good news is that I am eating good. Regards, Chuck

Attachments

• 1 - Fruit.jpg
    1 - Fruit.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 1 dinner.jpg
    1 dinner.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry you are having a rough vacation, but remember the worst day on vacation is still better than being in the snow and at work!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope better luck is coming your way :thumbsup:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bummer!
Those dishes look too delicious for someone, to be sick!
All I get to eat is chicken soup when I get a cold (sigh).

I have been looking forward to my vacation for months. As we all know when you are getting ready to go on vacation, you think “what if I get a cold the day I leave”? Well on the plane down a lady was coughing without covering her mouth so after a few times I asked her to cover. Well sure enough, I came down with a cold. I was going to “rent” a car from my wife’s friend so I held off for a week and just hung out. Just as my cold cleared, I was carrying two dishes from breakfast into the kitchen and stepped on a rock that my wife set up to keep the door open. Down I went………. Ripped open my left hand and foot, landed on my right shoulder. So now, after another week I am 90% back to normal (but still have a sore shoulder). Now the car is not avail. until this Wed. So, I will end up with 2 or 3 days detecting IF I am lucky The good news is that I am eating good. Regards, Chuck

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people dont need but 3 days to clean a beach and pay for a trip..... maybe your Karma will turn around and you will hit it big out there. GL....

Dew

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you'll make up for it all in those couple of days you can detect! GL. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread