Saturdays hunt

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday's hunt

I couldn't drive to the coin show in Atlanta so I decided to hit the river. I only found 6 cents and 1 small ear ring and no marks on it and haven't tested it. It was about 4-5 inches down and I would never had recovered it without putting the 1/4 inch hardware cloth in my scoop. Found lots of fired 22 bullets and casings. I planned to detect near the dock, but quite a few people were sunbathing and I didn't want to bother them or get asked too many questions. I was in my loner mode and didn't feel like talking to anyone. My At/Pro started falsing after about two hours and acted like it did when I got water in the battery compartment before. I could not find any moisture and changed the coil, batteries, headphones and reset it 3-4 times. I just took the battery holder out and left the end off and let it air out and hope when I try it, everything will be okay. I had my GTI-2500, but didn't feel like hunting on land and I'm glad I didn't. It had been so long since I hit the water I was having cramps in my feet all night.
3-1-2014 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like the star earring, fongu...hope it is silver; keep us posted on its metallic content if you have time.

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread