Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Yesterday, I received my new Indiana Scoop and used it today for the first time. Those super deep targets in the watery wet sand don't have a chance to allude me anymore.

The sand slides out of the scoop super fast when you are in the wet sand. And when I'm in the water the sand flows out through the stainless laser cut honeycomb pattern faster than my stainless mesh swing scoop. Total weight with the fiberglass handle is only 3-lbs/9oz. Totally Awesome Scoop!

It was made and shipped from Europe/Latvia and only took 11-days from date of order.

P1040791.JPG -- P1040794.JPG -- P1040793.JPG -- P1040798.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well all those scoops look nice and all but are they tough? I just know that the nuttall diamond head scoop that I have could easily be used as a jack for my car... I have jumped on it to go through sand and rocks and it felt like I was jumping on an anvil...

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Out of curiosity, how does the drinking water taste near the old pike or signal hill?
When I was there, the restaurants used to put a slice of lemon in the ice water to mask the oily taste.
I hear that many restaurants stopped giving ice water unless requested, because of the drought.
And some even charge for the ice water in addition to the meal.
So it may no longer be a problem.

Too funny! :laughing7: I remember that! I stopped drinking city water
Back in 1964! The "Nu Pike is long gone but the water remains!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please elaborate.

Are you worried about your foot being punctured or cut by something pointed or sharp protruding through a top hole or holes in the back of the scoop?

I don't understand why digging pi would be any different than digging
vlf other than having to dig more often and deeper.

It would seem that the extended kick plate on the back of the classic stealth (90 degree handle) scoops would minimize the chance of being hurt by a sharpie.

Though it does add more weight and is less streamlined.

That scoop looks sweet. I dig pi so I need some protection. Them holes in the back up top would send me to the ER. I dig everything maybe if I was running a vlf it would be a different story. Nice scoop though.

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice to have a small indent in the scoop to hold a wire screen with solid metal edging you could screw in place with some sheet metal screws and remove it when you didn't need it. That way it would fit flush inside the bottom and sides of the scoop. Nothing to catch on a root and pull out or get hung up. I doesn't take long to drain the sand out at the river, but when I'm in places with lots of mud, it takes longer. I usually push the mud thru rubbing it on the hardware cloth just in case something valuable is in the mud. The hardware cloth may rust, but I rinse it and the scoop off when I come out of the water and have stainless steel screws, washers and nuts holding everything together. I also like the 90 degree handle on my scoop because when I put the edge where I want to dig and put my foot on the back plate, it's at an angle and I push in and tilt back the handle, repeating this and let the scoop and the leverage of the handle work it's way down even with deep targets and all the time my back is straight and takes stress off my spine.

jackc

Jun 24, 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all those scoops look nice and all but are they tough? I just know that the nuttall diamond head scoop that I have could easily be used as a jack for my car... I have jumped on it to go through sand and rocks and it felt like I was jumping on an anvil...

The Nuttal diamond head is one i currently considering purchasing. Glad to hear it's as tough as it looks!

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
I do not advise buying a fake similar in appearance to Stavr scoop ( even if they cost a couple of dollars cheaper)
because no one would think to buy a fake Colt 1911 or AK- 47 Chinese-made ... :)

Stavr scoop was created as a project to create the world's best beach tool for myself , and then for sale (2009)

only commercial type scoop Indiana just steal the design(2013) and make the product without observing the necessary technology properties .
eventually you get a physical resemblance , at the same price or a couple of dollars cheaper :)

Ruslan.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would even be better if the manufacturer of the scoop supplied tough plastic inserts with smaller size holes which would fit in those indents.
This way you quickly adapt your scoop to the beach you are hunting and targets you are looking for.

It would be nice to have a small indent in the scoop to hold a wire screen with solid metal edging you could screw in place with some sheet metal screws and remove it when you didn't need it. That way it would fit flush inside the bottom and sides of the scoop. Nothing to catch on a root and pull out or get hung up. I doesn't take long to drain the sand out at the river, but when I'm in places with lots of mud, it takes longer. I usually push the mud thru rubbing it on the hardware cloth just in case something valuable is in the mud. The hardware cloth may rust, but I rinse it and the scoop off when I come out of the water and have stainless steel screws, washers and nuts holding everything together. I also like the 90 degree handle on my scoop because when I put the edge where I want to dig and put my foot on the back plate, it's at an angle and I push in and tilt back the handle, repeating this and let the scoop and the leverage of the handle work it's way down even with deep targets and all the time my back is straight and takes stress off my spine.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not advise buying a fake similar in appearance to Stavr scoop ( even if they cost a couple of dollars cheaper) because no one would think to buy a fake Colt 1911 or AK- 47 Chinese-made ... :) Stavr scoop was created as a project to create the world's best beach tool for myself , and then for sale (2009) only commercial type scoop Indiana just steal the design(2013) and make the product without observing the necessary technology properties . eventually you get a physical resemblance , at the same price or a couple of dollars cheaper :) Ruslan.
Rusian, thank you for making such a great product. I unfortunately found out the hard way about the other scoop you mention above, not because I was trying to save money but more because of the ease of use and purchasing options of eBay. I have noticed the Indiana scoop changed the mounting design from a sheet metal/ U bolt style, which was the root cause of my scoop failure, to a tube style with support rods. The mount bracket bent and then the top of scoop bent up and peeled welds back on sides. This was only after a couple of times hunting in wet sand.

I am wanting to try one of your scoops but have been a little hesitant because posts I have read about the aggravation of Western Union. Have you ever considered PayPal? I would be more than be willing to absorb the extra costs involved, as I feel most people would, versus the aggravation on our end of using Western Union. Best Regards, Walt

Last edited:

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
provolka.jpg
It would even be better if the manufacturer of the scoop supplied tough plastic inserts with smaller size holes which would fit in those indents.
This way you quickly adapt your scoop to the beach you are hunting and targets you are looking for.
simple and effective solution to overcome greed whether passion for small things if you bought a scoop with large openings (eg wrong choice) NO plastic, just Nichrome wire :)

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Rusian, thank you for making such a great product. I unfortunately found out the hard way about the other scoop you mention above, not because I was trying to save money but more because of the ease of use and purchasing options of eBay. I have noticed the Indiana scoop changed the mounting design from a sheet metal/ U bolt style, which was the root cause of my scoop failure, to a tube style with support rods. The mount bracket bent and then the top of scoop bent up and peeled welds back on sides. This was only after a couple of times hunting in wet sand.

I am wanting to try one of your scoops but have been a little hesitant because posts I have read about the aggravation of Western Union. Have you ever considered PayPal? I would be more than be willing to absorb the extra costs involved, as I feel most people would, versus the aggravation on our end of using Western Union. Best Regards, Walt
if you have no other option except to pay Paypal, email me and I'll give you Paypal account my daughters or Max VA
Paypal fee is =$ 7

WU 3 days service =$ 6 fee Send Money Online | Money Transfer Online | Western Union

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll check the online version out. I only heard about a bad experience with a brick and mortar Western Union location.

That is a great idea with the wire. I was thinking everyone had recommended wire mesh fit inside the basket, but your option seems like it would stay put better than mesh or any plastic liner and prevent small targets from dropping thorough. I most look for larger targets, not the tiny earrings or chains.

mulletminnow

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2013
southport nc
Detector(s) used
whites surfmaster pi, compadre, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fletch,
I had the same problem as You about ordering the Staver Scoop, all the horror stories about W.U. and bank accounts and all the rest of the problems.

Went online with W.U. on a Sunday afternoon with credit card, Ruslan picked up the money and shipped the scoop and e-mailed Me the tracking number by 9:00 am Tuesday morning.
The scoop was in ISC NY the following Sunday at 11:00 am. Seven days to the U.S. It was in customs 31 days, took 5 more days to get to North Carolina, 2 days to pick out a fiberglass handle and dowel rod and put it all together.
Of all the scoops that I have seen and used, the 2v2.2 is the best that I have come across so far. Its a hoot to use in the water, wet or dry sand.

I ordered the scoop to replace one that is a good scoop but it is so heavy that I was not satisfied with the weight at all.

Next scoop will be the v.5 for My Wife to use in the dry sand. Its lighter than the 2v2.2, built the same, just lighter material.

Don't think You would be disappointed with the Staver, its a great scoop.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
The Indiana Scoop may be a copy of the STAVR Scoop, but Mr. Ruslan has no bases to rag on the quality of the Indiana Scoop unless he has purchased one and tested it against his. And I'm not talking about the scoop with the U-Bolt type handle attachment that Fletch88 keeps complaining about. If Mr. Ruslan has a patent on the design, he should sue, if not, he should keep his comments to himself.

My Indiana Scoop has worked and continues to work flawlessly for me. I have put the scoop through hell scooping 20-plus inches with my ATX in wet sand lifting heavy loads of sand.

And the best part about purchasing the Indiana scoop is:

You have buyer protection purchasing through eBay/PayPal, so you can get a full refund if lost or damaged in shipping/customs. No stone age Western Union hassles and COSTS because Ruslan is too cheap to use eBay/PayPal to give his buyers protection when problems arise..

The Indiana Scoop cost less.

And shipping is much faster. It took well over one month and many follow-ups to Mr. Ruslan for a buddy of mine to receive his STAVR Scoop.

I received my Indiana Scoop in 10-DAYS from order date all the way to the California from Latvia.

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
My indiana works excellent in the hard wet sand. Tired of people complaining and calling other scoops knock off designs an copy cat models that aren't as good. It's a fricken beach scoop! And it looks like other beach scoops. If I was starting a beach scoop business I think I would be looking at other models to come up with my own scoops to sale. What's the problem here? They make a scoop from the same quality and same thickness of steel. If I could take a 20$ piece of steel like Indiana does and fabricate it into a design resembling other beach scoops and sale it for a lower price than Stavr then I think I could make a lot of business. I'm glad indiana has made a design that looks like a" beach scoop". I'm sure glad they copied another design, their own idea might have been a wheel barrow with holes in it.

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
SoCalBeachScanner. strange to hear about the "Stone Age" to the person who made the revolution beach scoops ... :) my scoop too sold on Ebay and paid by paypal ... stavr-scoop on eBay
but it is only a means of selling.

I'm talking about the quality of products, Engineering, the materials used, the manufacturing process, using the technology.

Indiana scoop fake! Not copy ...

everyone can choose and buy what he wants , most importantly to have information that would not make mistakes

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will always purchase a product from the person/company which designed it in preference to a copy cat /knock off version of the product, even if it initially costs me a few dollars more. Since the designer knows what engineering trades offs were made. strengths and weaknesses of the design, and how to use the product for optimum performance. I use the word initially as this purchase is the start of a long time relationship with the designer, who I rely on for further improvements and innovations, hopefully influenced by my feedback and needs.

When you buy a Stavr scoop, you are buying a proven product, which you can easily sell later, as there is high demand for it since the Ruski has a reputation for making great product(s). As I have a need for a lighter open basket stainless steels stand up scoop for dry sand hunting, I may will be purchasing a scoop from him soon.

If you are helped by the right person at Western Union, everything will go smoothly with them. The trick is going to a different location, or different employee, if you are experiencing troubles.
-

The Indiana Scoop may be a copy of the STAVR Scoop, but Mr. Ruslan has no bases to rag on the quality of the Indiana Scoop unless he has purchased one and tested it against his. And I'm not talking about the scoop with the U-Bolt type handle attachment that Fletch88 keeps complaining about. If Mr. Ruslan has a patent on the design, he should sue, if not, he should keep his comments to himself.

My Indiana Scoop has worked and continues to work flawlessly for me. I have put the scoop through hell scooping 20-plus inches with my ATX in wet sand lifting heavy loads of sand.

And the best part about purchasing the Indiana scoop is:

You have buyer protection purchasing through eBay/PayPal, so you can get a full refund if lost or damaged in shipping/customs. No stone age Western Union hassles and COSTS because Ruslan is too cheap to use eBay/PayPal to give his buyers protection when problems arise..

The Indiana Scoop cost less.

And shipping is much faster. It took well over one month and many follow-ups to Mr. Ruslan for a buddy of mine to receive his STAVR Scoop.

I received my Indiana Scoop in 10-DAYS from order date all the way to the California from Latvia.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoCalBeachScanner. strange to hear about the "Stone Age" to the person who made the revolution beach scoops ... :) my scoop too sold on Ebay and paid by paypal ... stavr-scoop on eBay
but it is only a means of selling.

I'm talking about the quality of products, Engineering, the materials used, the manufacturing process, using the technology.

Indiana scoop fake! Not copy ...

everyone can choose and buy what he wants , most importantly to have information that would not make mistakes

Hi Ruslan,

I believe there is only one reason you are replying to this thread and it is because the Indiana Scoop is eating into your profits.

Instead of complaining and saying other products are inferior ... try being more competitive on your pricing and shipping. Your right, I see that you recently started listing your scoops on eBay. You must have felt the pressure ... I stand corrected.

And again your right ... everyone can purchase whatever scoop they like ... I started this thread because the Indiana Scoop is a great scoop for the price and I was impressed with it.

You chiming in calling competitor's scoops fakes and inferior will not help your sales ... it makes you look like a complainer. Let the products speak for themselves and the people that review them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread