Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Yesterday, I received my new Indiana Scoop and used it today for the first time. Those super deep targets in the watery wet sand don't have a chance to allude me anymore.

The sand slides out of the scoop super fast when you are in the wet sand. And when I'm in the water the sand flows out through the stainless laser cut honeycomb pattern faster than my stainless mesh swing scoop. Total weight with the fiberglass handle is only 3-lbs/9oz. Totally Awesome Scoop!

It was made and shipped from Europe/Latvia and only took 11-days from date of order.

P1040791.JPG -- P1040794.JPG -- P1040793.JPG -- P1040798.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
time and experience to dot the i

ps: I do not subscribe to the American marketing in promoting products , I do not use SEO, I do not use deception and fraud , I'm not dumping, I'm not paying money for clients in advertising, I do not give empty promises.

I'm just doing my job professionally with 2 higher technical education, a favorite hobby beach search ,
and i have equipment that does not have any manufacturer scoop ...

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
time and experience to dot the i

ps: I do not subscribe to the American marketing in promoting products , I do not use SEO, I do not use deception and fraud , I'm not dumping, I'm not paying money for clients in advertising, I do not give empty promises.

I'm just doing my job professionally with 2 higher technical education, a favorite hobby beach search ,
and i have equipment that does not have any manufacturer scoop ...

Ruslan you should also add the fact that the Ukrainian post has improved a lot, and that the delivery time has been reduced dramatically. I ordered a Stavr scoop last week and three days later in was in my hands, and I live some 2000+ miles from that country.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
- The Indiana Scoop may be a copy of the STAVR Scoop, but Mr. Ruslan has no bases to rag on the quality of the Indiana Scoop unless he has purchased one and tested it against his. And I'm not talking about the scoop with the U-Bolt type handle attachment that Fletch88 keeps complaining about. If Mr. Ruslan has a patent on the design, he should sue, if not, he should keep his comments to himself. My Indiana Scoop has worked and continues to work flawlessly for me. I have put the scoop through hell scooping 20-plus inches with my ATX in wet sand lifting heavy loads of sand. And the best part about purchasing the Indiana scoop is: You have buyer protection purchasing through eBay/PayPal, so you can get a full refund if lost or damaged in shipping/customs. No stone age Western Union hassles and COSTS because Ruslan is too cheap to use eBay/PayPal to give his buyers protection when problems arise.. The Indiana Scoop cost less. And shipping is much faster. It took well over one month and many follow-ups to Mr. Ruslan for a buddy of mine to receive his STAVR Scoop. I received my Indiana Scoop in 10-DAYS from order date all the way to the California from Latvia.
Whatever buddy! You have the option of not reading my posts and quite raving about an almost exact copy of the Stavr design. And learn to have a little respect of others, because honestly I have never read one post by you that has a shred of it!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Socal, please stop the personal insults, there are several in this thread......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem Irishgoldhound is that it stifles innovation.
There is little, if any, reason for any individual or company to design future scoop models, if they cannot recoup their design cost(s). Why should they, improve their product line, when it costs them money, that cannot be recovered.

It is nice that you now have a stand up water scoop that works excellent in the hard wet sand.
I would also be delighted for SoCalBeachScanner, under the condition that he fills in the holes he digs.
Which does not appear to be the case from his videos (hopefully, I am wrong).
Only time will tell if, the scoop scoop you purchased will hold up, is of the same quality
and retain it resale value as well as the Stavr scoop designed and made by the Ruski.

My indiana works excellent in the hard wet sand. Tired of people complaining and calling other scoops knock off designs an copy cat models that aren't as good. It's a fricken beach scoop! And it looks like other beach scoops. If I was starting a beach scoop business I think I would be looking at other models to come up with my own scoops to sale. What's the problem here? They make a scoop from the same quality and same thickness of steel. If I could take a 20$ piece of steel like Indiana does and fabricate it into a design resembling other beach scoops and sale it for a lower price than Stavr then I think I could make a lot of business. I'm glad indiana has made a design that looks like a" beach scoop". I'm sure glad they copied another design, their own idea might have been a wheel barrow with holes in it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
I guess it's my turn :) and TH, I'm not seeing any insults in my posts.

TH, If you want to see insults, read Fletch88 last post. And Fletch88, you also have the option to not read or comment on my threads or posts. Practice what you preach.

And Mr. Ruslan, I'm sure that you use quality materials in your scoops. At the time when I purchased the Indiana Scoop, the reviews were good, the price of the scoop and shipping was good, and also because of the eBay Buyer Protection. After I put the scoop through some pretty rigorous tests, I was impressed and started this thread about it. If the Indiana Scoop didn't pass the hell I put it through within the first couple weeks, I would have sent it back at the seller's expense. That's it, No More-No Less.

Innovation was founded on copies and subtle changes of someone else's product. Look at auto parts, you can spend twice as much on original equipment or go to your local auto parts store and get aftermarket performance parts for a lot less.

If I was in your situation with Indiana Scoops, I would be flattered, I would stay positive about competitors, and it would drive me to stay ahead of the competition by continuing to innovate, promote, and to reduce my manufacturing costs to undercut the competition.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You called stavr cheap and you told Sandman to "shut the hell up..".......

Once a thread is posted on TreasureNet it is TreasureNet's thread...

All post by our rules!

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
The problem Irishgoldhound is that it stifles innovation.
There is little, if any, reason for any individual or company to design future scoop models, if they cannot recoup their design cost(s). Why should they, improve their product line, when it costs them money, that cannot be recovered

It is nice that you now have a stand up water scoop the works excellent in the hard wet sand. I would be equally delighted for SoCalBeachScanner, under the condition that he fills in the holes he digs, which does not appear to be the case (hopefully, I am wrong) from his videos. Time will tell if, your new scoop will hold up and is of the same quality and retain it resale value as well as the Stavr scoop designed and made by the Ruski, which I seriously doubt.

I do agree with this, however lets be honest here: the makers of the "indiana" scoop havent designed anything, neither have they innovated something. They stole an existing design and are profiting from their theft. So Ruslan's frustration is normal

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You called stavr cheap and you told Sandman to "shut the hell up..".......

Once a thread is posted on TreasureNet it is TreasureNet's thread...

All post by our rules!.

Yeah, that could have been a cheap shot, but the Sandman comment was a joke and Sandman knew it by his reply to my comment :)

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Bill...revisited this thread recently since I also bought a new scoop. Still waiting for delivery and anxious to try it out. I also went the Latvia route more by accident than on purpose.

The scoop I saw was a real Stavr and I thought it was from Latvia. It really impressed me and I wanted one just like it...unfortunately I goofed...so we shall see (counting the days). The eBay (Real Deal) warranty for $21 sounds very attractive.

ON a side note...I have an affinity to Latvia since it's a sister country to my birth country of Lithuania.

On another side note..we should remember and be aware that the Ukraine is NOT Russia (in spite of what Russia... i.e. Putin... thinks). Hopefully we all follow the news beyond our own shores.

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
On another side note..we should remember and be aware that the Ukraine is NOT Russia (in spite of what Russia... i.e. Putin... thinks). Hopefully we all follow the news beyond our own shores.

who cares about the official politics anyway ?

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill...revisited this thread recently since I also bought a new scoop. Still waiting for delivery and anxious to try it out. I also went the Latvia route more by accident than on purpose.

The scoop I saw was a real Stavr and I thought it was from Latvia. It really impressed me and I wanted one just like it...unfortunately I goofed...so we shall see (counting the days). The eBay (Real Deal) warranty for $21 sounds very attractive.

ON a side note...I have an affinity to Latvia since it's a sister country to my birth country of Lithuania.

Hi Joe, it's good to hear from you. I've been involved in home improvements projects for the last month or so and haven't had the ATX out in that time. I have managed to hit the dry sand several times in the last month with my VLF. I have a whole pile of stuff/crap to post when I get time, including 7 or 8 rings. We have some early morning low tides in process, so maybe I will get out with the ATX this week. How are you liking your ATX?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
="SoCalBeachScanner;3978791" And Fletch88, you also have the option to not read or comment on my threads or posts. Practice what you preach.
I have a better idea

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do: International, National, Regional, Local as it determines where I can travel and what I can do. There is a recent post on Treasure Net that detecting on MA beach will be banned effective on l July. If this happens, the banning can easily snowball to other states and other countries as well. No need to be concerned or comment on what sand or water scoop one uses, when you are no longer allowed to metal detecting on beaches.

who cares about the official politics anyway ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread