Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Yesterday, I received my new Indiana Scoop and used it today for the first time. Those super deep targets in the watery wet sand don't have a chance to allude me anymore.

The sand slides out of the scoop super fast when you are in the wet sand. And when I'm in the water the sand flows out through the stainless laser cut honeycomb pattern faster than my stainless mesh swing scoop. Total weight with the fiberglass handle is only 3-lbs/9oz. Totally Awesome Scoop!

It was made and shipped from Europe/Latvia and only took 11-days from date of order.

P1040791.JPG -- P1040794.JPG -- P1040793.JPG -- P1040798.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a knock off of the Sunspot Stealth 720i which can be had with a fiber floating handle in either the 90 degree which I prefer or the angled one which I thing wears out the wrist faster. But the important thing is the guarantee.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a knock off of the Sunspot Stealth 720i which can be had with a fiber floating handle in either the 90 degree which I prefer or the angled one which I thing wears out the wrist faster. But the important thing is the guarantee.

Sandman!! ... You know the procedure ... If you don't have something nice to say ... shut the hell up :)

I smiled when I said that :)

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
That scoop looks sweet. I dig pi so I need some protection. Them holes in the back up top would send me to the ER. I dig everything maybe if I was running a vlf it would be a different story. Nice scoop though.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking scoop...did the handle come with it?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman!! ... You know the procedure ... If you don't have something nice to say ... shut the hell up :) I smiled when I said that :)

I thought I did say something nice.??? It does look like a Sunspot even down to the bracket. Glad you smiled when you said to "Shut the Hell up." Glad I made you smile. We the People.JPG

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking scoop...did the handle come with it?

Hi lookindown,

In the Lowe's flyer last weekend they had shovel and a dirt rake with a 1-1/4" fiberglass handle on sale, went and check it out, and the dirt rake was perfect.

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I just got the exact same scoop. Super solid. Cheaper than a stavr and same gauge steel. Their is one other design that they make that tends to bend but this scoop with the steel stems welded is a solid design. Where did you get your fibreglass handle from? I really like it. I have to disagree, these are not knock off scoops. The company has been around for some time. They're a different company that make beach scoops just like Chevy and Ford and Dodge make trucks.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the exact same scoop. Super solid. Cheaper than a stavr and same gauge steel. Their is one other design that they make that tends to bend but this scoop with the steel stems welded is a solid design. Where did you get your fibreglass handle from? I really like it. I have to disagree, these are not knock off scoops. The company has been around for some time. They're a different company that make beach scoops just like Chevy and Ford and Dodge make trucks.

Hi Irishgoldhound,

Look at the post above your post, that is where I got the handle. If you get fiberglass, be sure to slide in a dowel or some kind if reinforcement in the lower 18" or so. I used an 18" piece of a aluminum pipe that I had in the garage.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Irishgoldhound,

When you get your handle on your scoop, you will absolutely love it. My second day with that scoop, it got me down to deep gold. Now I think back to all the targets I gave up on scooping because I couldn't get the depth with my swing scoop with the watery sand caving in.

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yea even the holes are octagonal like the 720i, looks like the same angle on it, should be a really good scoop for ya socal! I do like my 720 a little better, made in USA baby!!

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea even the holes are octagonal like the 720i, looks like the same angle on it, should be a really good scoop for ya socal! I do like my 720 a little better, made in USA baby!!

Hi mnruxpin,

The Stealth 720i is a bolt-on type scoop and has cresses in the blade. Bolt-on scoops can be wobbly and not as strong as a welded scoop.

And the 720i weighs more, is uglier, and costs $70.00 more than my Indiana Scoop. Quality European Construction, Baby! :)

Stealth 720i
scoop 720i.jpg

Last edited:

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No wobble, guaranteed for life, even the wood handle.

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have the 720i, which I like. But it IS heavy. I can see the attraction of your scoop,
being lighter weight. Please let us know in the future how durable it turns out to be.
If it still hasn't broken after a year's usage, that will make it a really attractive alternative.

Tom

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes quality European construction at its finest. This is the weak link of these scoops that have a long body with a short top. It will bend after using in dense wet sand several times.

Attachments

• image-1993146427.jpg
    image-1993146427.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 199
OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes quality European construction at its finest. This is the weak link of these scoops that have a long body with a short top. It will bend after using in dense wet sand several times.

Now Fletch88, that is a bolt on handle scoop which there is no comparison to a fully welded strut collar, no matter where it's made.

Your going to have to dig deeper then that :)

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they changed the design after I raised hell with them and told them how big a piece of junk it was. Even the new design will bend. Trust me in this one. It's physics not my opinion. If you think this is European engineering at its finest you know nothing about engineering. The welds are crappy stick welds that have to be ground off to look decent. But that wasn't the failure. The problem is top to body ratio. Not digging just wouldn't toot your horn too hard about how much better it is than all the others. This is European engineering at its finest.

Attachments

• image-3778723450.jpg
    image-3778723450.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 141

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions