Surfmaster II How good is this detector

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
:DHey tampapi-I got one of those-it works great!!!I live in Michigan,only use it in fresh water-they tell me it is not too good for salt water;have had mine for 5-years now-but,just for your info,if you get it,BE SUREyou put the rubber o-ring in properly when you change batteries---I didnt put it in right last year-electronics box filled up with water- :'( dried it out,worked ok.Make sure you clean out the channel it goes in;I coat the o-ring with a little bit of Vaseline.I have found a lot with my Surfmaster2,rings,chains,bracelets,etc.And;I have a website you can get parts for it:www.whitesmetaldetecting.com------------1-800-547-6911 I hope this helps!!! 8) ::) :o

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I thought Vaseline was petroleum jelly. Petroleum products I think will shorten the life of rubber drastically. I might be wrong, and would check your o-ring with a paper towel. If there is any black on the paper towel after cleaning the Vaseline off it is destroying the o-ring. I might be wrong and usually am.

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
I have heard that it will shorten the lifeof the o-rings. Also make sure to pt some silica packs in the housng for extra precaution

B

BEACH DIGGER

SURF /M GOOD!!!!,, JUST DOESN'T HAVE THE LITES AS THE NEW BCH HUNTER DOES..

HH BCH. DIGGER

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buckmild1 said:
I thought Vaseline was petroleum jelly. Petroleum products I think will shorten the life of rubber drastically. I might be wrong, and would check your o-ring with a paper towel. If there is any black on the paper towel after cleaning the Vaseline off it is destroying the o-ring. I might be wrong and usually am.

It is, and it WILL destroy the O ring

spend your money wisely, and buy a CZ20 or an Ex-cal 1000

I owed a surfmaster II for 3 yrs

I now own BOTH CZ20 (5+ yrs) and Ex-cal 1000 (1 yr) and these machines blow the surfmasters away.

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
:oHEY GUYS!!!I did not know that Vaseline will ruin rubber o-rings-sorry for the bad info-but,I have found a lot with my Surfmaster2-and,I have heard a lot of good about the Excaliber.Thanks for the good advice. 8)

Charles

May 23, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Stingray II, AT Pro and Surfmaster II.
I bought a Whites Surfmaster II as a backup to my Tesoro Singray II I have no complains about the Surfmaster and use it quite a bit. It is very well balanced.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
lonewolfe said:
buckmild1 said:
spend your money wisely, and buy a CZ20 or an Ex-cal 1000

I owed a surfmaster II for 3 yrs

I now own BOTH CZ20 (5+ yrs) and Ex-cal 1000 (1 yr) and these machines blow the surfmasters away.
Lonewolfe, since you own both the CZ20 and the Ex Cal 1000 which one do you prefer?

Thanks and HH! surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread