Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
I took a break from scooping in the wet sand and water with my PI the last couple days, early this morning I used my VLF in the dry sand.

I found my best phone ever, a Galaxy S4 that is basically brand new. The battery was dead, so I charged it up and found it needed a code to unlock it. I'm still trying to find the owner. I found out one thing, T-Mobile is worthless. I located the IMEI number under the battery, called T-Mobile and they can't track the owner by the IMEI number, they need the phone number. I told the representative that the phone was locked, so he walked me through a factory reset/restore procedure to get into the phone. After I rebooted the phone, he had me call #686#, and it showed no number was registered to the phone.

So after all that, the T-Mobile Rep said the phone number has been removed, the owner may have filed a insurance claim and transferred the number to a new phone. He told me I could drop it off at a T-Mobile store. I told him that I want to find the owner, so he gave me phone numbers for two different insurance companies that T-Mobile uses, and he said they may be able to locate the owner by the IMEI number.

So now, after wiping out all the owner's information and who knows what else was in the phone, I need to deal with insurance companies. So it appears the owner may have filed an insurance claimed for the phone.

Several months ago, I found a Verizon phone and they had no problem locating the owner with the IMEI number.

I also found some silver, dollar coin, and a ring.

Thanks for Looking ... HH

4s1.JPG -- 4s2.JPG -- 4s3.JPG

4s4.JPG

I worked the crap out of this area below the last couple days ... Many targets were within feet of each other. Found lots of coins and junk jewelry, but no gold or silver.

4s5.jpg -- 4s6.jpg -- 4s7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver key charm!
That's awesome of you to try and find the ph owner and return it, too bad his Ph.co. Doesn't have the same high standards!

Lost my flip ph at a convince store and no one even tried to return it, but Verizon was very helpful setting up my new one! Lost a lot of info on my old one.

Your gold is waiting for you out there! Find one of those huge gold chains like in the commercial! You deserve it! GL. HH

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
I gave up trying to find the owner of the phone and the insurance companies know nothing.

So I listed it on eBay today and it sold with a "Buy it Now" option. It sold within 15 minutes for $275.00

Case Closed :)

Last edited:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is some cut, good try on the return.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
The holes were left open to catch Hole Critics ... Looks like I snagged me a couple :)

Last edited:

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good to hear the outcome.
I re-opened my Ebay account today in preparation!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love that silver key pendant, SCBS!:notworthy: It is unique; I would love to find a pendant just like that!

Those pics of the beach are great; wish I could find cuts like that over here..still waiting for some sand movement

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread