working 2 excals...how far apart is good????

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When you begin to hear each other, turn and go a different way. My experience has been between 10-20 feet is about as close as you can get with interferance. With one Excal with a 15" WOT coil, the other the 10" standard DD coil that was about it. If either of you can hear the other's detector, your too close and need to separate.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 15 feet is when I usually notice.... I just move away little till interference clears up

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will know when your too close. I use a CZ21 with 10 inch coil and I cant get within thirty feet of another CZ...The two guys I hunt with have CZ21s with 8 inch coils and they can hunt close to each other but cant get near me without interference.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will know when your too close. I use a CZ21 with 10 inch coil and I cant get within thirty feet of another CZ...The two guys I hunt with have CZ21s with 8 inch coils and they can hunt close to each other but cant get near me without interference.

That is because yours is supercharged.....:D

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is because yours is supercharged.....:D

I like to think that. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread