Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Hi All....
When I left my home early this morning, I didn't have a clue what beach that I would be going to. I decided to head south and ended up in Newport Beach. I was in no mood to use my PI to scoop deep in the wet sand and water, so I used my VLF in the dry sand.

At about 5:15 after scooping several coins, is when I scooped the cross. It was dark out and the cross felt very heavy in my hand, so I was hoping for gold. I didn't even look at it until I got home and found out it was plated brass.

Even without gold, I had a decent morning. I found three silver; two rings, and a earring stud. The stud earring looked like silver, but it appeared to be unmarked, so I use my 30x jewelers loupe to take a closer look at it. And I'll be damn, it was marked 925 on the side of the narrow stem. I decided to try and take a picture through the jewelers loupe and I'm posting the best of the twelve shots I took of the stem.

I also found three big pocket spills (each over a dollar), two items of some gals makeup and I also scanned the surrounding area to see if she also lost a ring, a laser pointer, my first French coin (1963, 20 Centimes).

Overall, my dog and I got some exercise, had fun, and it was a good morning ... Thanks for Looking ... HH

P1050041.JPG -- P1050065.JPG -- P1050067.JPG

P1050059.JPG -- P1050029.JPG -- KIMG0002.jpg

If you see this guy wandering the beaches in SoCal, come up and say hi, and we will compare notes. It's funny when you start scanning toward someone and they head off in the opposite direction. Why is that?? :)

1334062144 Back.jpg

Upvote 0

AT PRO user

Mar 16, 2014
Hey socal. Great finds. We ran into each other on the beach some weeks back in huntington by the pier. I was working the volleyball court area. Great to meet you and your dog also. Not sure about other hunters in the area but I'm always up for some friendly conversations and treasure stories. happy hunting

Lefty

Sep 13, 2013
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, ACE 350, Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, I don't get to hit the beach very often but if I'm down there and see ya I'll say "hey". Maybe some of your luck (experience) will rub off.
Happy Hunting. Lefty (I'll be the one swinging with the left-handed medal detector)

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey socal. Great finds. We ran into each other on the beach some weeks back in huntington by the pier. I was working the volleyball court area. Great to meet you and your dog also. Not sure about other hunters in the area but I'm always up for some friendly conversations and treasure stories. happy hunting

Hey, yeah, I remember when you guys were hitting the volleyball area early morning at HB. That's the morning I thought I had found a gold ring that was not to be. Thanks, and good to hear from you.

Nice finds, I don't get to hit the beach very often but if I'm down there and see ya I'll say "hey". Maybe some of your luck (experience) will rub off.
Happy Hunting. Lefty (I'll be the one swinging with the left-handed medal detector)

Hi Lefty ... thank you for your note. I hear you need a left handed crescent wrench and left handed screwdriver to work on those detectors

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are afraid you will find out there secret !

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hey there So. Cal, I like how you include a pix of the beach itself. Always fun to see the lay-of-the-land to add an "in-situ" feel for the hunt spot. Conjurs up the smell of the sea, the sounds, the feel, etc.... :)

However, what we REALLY want to see, is the day you post a pix such as that with a 5 ft. deep steep cut eroded way-back-in to the parking lot sidewalk parallels! haha

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt and PICS! :occasion14:

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there So. Cal, I like how you include a pix of the beach itself. Always fun to see the lay-of-the-land to add an "in-situ" feel for the hunt spot. Conjurs up the smell of the sea, the sounds, the feel, etc.... :)

However, what we REALLY want to see, is the day you post a pix such as that with a 5 ft. deep steep cut eroded way-back-in to the parking lot sidewalk parallels! haha

Too Funny Tom ... if a 5' deep cut went all the way to the back of the beach, the only thing I would find on the beach would be Native American relics or dinosaur fossils :)

It's been a terrible year for storms ... we only had one decent storm erosion this year. This morning was very windy and it was the first morning I had to wear a sweatshirt in weeks.
But I'm not complaining ... at least I'm not on the East Coast getting pounded with back to back to back snow storms :)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
So-Cal, in the 1982-83 storms, there was some Beaches near Watsonville that had 10 ft. cuts. Like shear cliffs. In order to get down on to the beach, you had to knock down the sides JUST to create a path down on to the wet sand. And then ........ heaven help you if you got caught up against that cut when a wave came in. Because unless you got back to a path leading back up, you were cooked :)

And at the base of those cuts was silver galore ! I suppose some beaches have bed-rock much shallower than that though.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the silvers.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So-Cal, in the 1982-83 storms, there was some Beaches near Watsonville that had 10 ft. cuts. Like shear cliffs. In order to get down on to the beach, you had to knock down the sides JUST to create a path down on to the wet sand. And then ........ heaven help you if you got caught up against that cut when a wave came in. Because unless you got back to a path leading back up, you were cooked :)

And at the base of those cuts was silver galore ! I suppose some beaches have bed-rock much shallower than that though.
Hey Tom, did you get any rings from those 10ft. cuts?

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice silver finds, SCBS.:headbang: You cleaned up those items really well.

Looks like a great beach to hunt..is that sand packed down?

Would love to see a pic of your dog, too. :hello2:...I love dogs.

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread