wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent some time these last few days in San Simeon, Lake Nacimiento and Monterey. San Simeon Pier area is always a beautiful place to hunt. I found the silver heart ring in the rough grass up against the cliffs at 12" or more, soft dry sand... From the looks of it it's been there for a while. On Monday headed out to Nacimiento. First time I've ever hunted a lake, water levels are very low. Clad coins, fishing weights and aluminum EVERYWHERE! Back to San Simeon on Tuesday and found a couple of no date wheats and my 1st Buffalo, we think it's a 1935. Love findin' old coins on the beach. Off to Monterey yesterday. Hunted some really great beach areas, but clad finds only. Got in about 12 hours of hunting time over four days.......Had a great little Road Trip. 001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG 010.JPG 014.JPG 018.JPG 026.JPG 028.JPG 015.JPG

Upvote 0

AT PRO user

Mar 16, 2014
Wow, sounds like a great outing. That lake picture really shows how low the water levels are. HH

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wildcarrot, congrats on the silver ring and "Buffalo". Be sure to check it for 3 or 4 legs; I'm still waiting for a 3 legged one to show up at the beach.

Beautiful photos of the lake and terrain; thanks for sharing them

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread