Whats a good beach detector with a custom program feature.

LARRYSP

Apr 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's a good beach detector with a custom program feature.

I’m looking for a beach detector with a custom program feature. I want to search in All Metal Mode by tweaking the audio tones to help pick out the good stuff without masking it with the trash. I’m sure it would sound like R2-D2 at times but with practice, it may pay off. An ID screen to cross reference and to see it with sunglasses on is a plus.
Older machines are okay and I’m not brand sensitive. I’ve been using a Sand Shark and a 1280x, it’s time to “up my game”. I’m thinking maybe a Whites Spectrum XLT or DFX? Since I have champagne taste on a beer budget, the CTX 3030 is out. The Sand Shark is great in the water, just need something for the dry sand.
What’s the reality of my thinking? ‘I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
Larry

Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Pro for dry sand.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The AT Pro has a rainbow effect on the screen that is obvious when wearing sunglasses!
Maybe an E-Trak or an SE Pro!
Best of luck!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Etrac, SE Pro, and Safari work great on wet and dry sand. The Sovereign GT & Elite are better choices IMO. No screen, no programs to worry with, but are one of the best beach machines ever made and have better balance than the first 3 machines with S shaped handle design and can be chest mounted for shallow water hunting.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread