You say you like to hunt rocky areas?....heres a couple of pics of todays detecting

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You say you like to hunt rocky areas?....here's a couple of pics of today's detecting

site.

I love detecting amid rocks, and most times I can find coins, but today was a day for two unusual looking sinkers at the site ( I think they are sinkers..they are very heavy, but there is no metal loop attached , nor any hole in these items which were found about one foot apart.

Found just clads along with the sinkers, but had fun out there with those rocks.

Here's some pics of Ct. shoreline...hope you will enjoy them

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF2872.JPG

DSCF2874.JPG

DSCF2873.JPG

DSCF2870.JPG

DSCF2876.JPG
DSCF2865.JPG

DSCF2869.JPG

DSCF2875.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lorraine, I use to hunt a lot of beaches in NE I use to like Narragansett beach and scarbough talk about rocks one day I found a nice 1922 class ring under one of them rocks, HH

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics...no rocky beaches here in Florida.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I forgot to tell you my friend Lorraine
laughing7.gif
It's old picture, when I was in Carribean in the past, so this is my sailboat hope you like it"

Now you're talking ,Hamid! :headbang:

Yup, that'll get you here, but I'm not so sure that it's big enough to hold all those beautiful treasures that you've been finding:cat:

Lorraine
Yeah I talk and I write English:headbang: I'm always watching CNN channel news Ok, ok... What do you think of this ship there is another picture:laughing7: Good Luck my friend and happy hunting out there:tchest:

Attachments

• 1yacht-phoenicia.jpg
    1yacht-phoenicia.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
C'est si bon, Hamid!:hello2:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know what's under the rocks. I look around the poles of the dock at the river and fences and rocks catch items at the beach. I've never detected on the salt water beaches, but watched Mr. Garrett's video on water detecting and got lots of good ideas. I have no clue what those lead items are myself, but hope you get a positive ID. GL in the rocks & HH, Lorraine.
I found a 14K gold chain around the corner of a dock at a freshwater swim area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread