NC Beach BEWARE finds! hooks, spikes, and a reminder...

SOSDIVING

Apr 2, 2014
Wake Forest, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter PI
White's Surfmaster II VLF
Tesoro Bandido II VLF
Tesoro Cibola VLF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, just wanted to throw this out. I pictured these recovered $500 ER trip devices as a reminder for us all to use a scoop and maybe wear some wetsuit booties. These things are NOT good for you, your spouse, kids, friends, or whoever! I disposed of these, and hope we all will. Cheers and happy hunting. Good times.

IMG-20120818-00285.jpg IMG-20120818-00286.jpg

Upvote 0

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks a lot like many of my finds down on the beaches in Florida. Some of the hooks and stuff are downright scary. I try to show the stuff to the Park Rangers just in case there are any talks about limiting our hunting. Usually the Rangers are surprised and offer a "Thank You".

AT PRO user

Mar 16, 2014
I'm always amazed at all the rusty poking things just waiting to impale a innocent bystander. My feet thank you for picking those items up. Happy hunting

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the reminder, SOSDIVING.

Plenty of those dangerous items around here on the CT coastline , also
Lorraine

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found lots of lures, fishing hooks, nails, saber saw blades, drill bits and got tangled up in some fishing line one time that kind of spooked me. I always carry a small pocket knife with me in the water and keep it plenty sharp.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks! I keep a sealable Starbucks glass jar in my kit and dispose of the fish hooks and other sharp objects like shards of glass inside! I wear gloves, booties for my feet, and use a scoop! Be careful out there!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Essentially, every where man goes you will find his trash - The moon is no exception!

I have yet to find a beach, that does not have trash like this in the dry sand, wet sand, shallow water, deep water as well as entrances to and from the beach,
and it has been this way long before I ever metal detected. Sorry Lorraine, I almost forgot to mention the mud flats and rocks, you love to hunt. Too bad, you do not have a picture of one of those sinkers with long steel wires protruding for holding power that will punch through your bare foot /rubber bootie like a punji stake, which in my opinion should be banned.

I have found lots of live ammunition, at the beaches where I hunt, and a few years ago city workers found a live land mine, on a favored location for mothers with their children, which was detonated on the spot for safety.

Broken glass is especially dangerous as it cannot be detected. Our vacation in Hawaii was ruined one summer when my son stepped on a broken bottle. This was not an accident. it and others had been purposely broken and shallowly buried to injure by some deranged person.

Don't expect people to be grateful when you clean the stuff they left behind, especially when it is noticeable.
Many just don't want to know what is below; seeing it is a real joy killer.

Hey everyone, just wanted to throw this out. I pictured these recovered $500 ER trip devices as a reminder for us all to use a scoop and maybe wear some wetsuit booties. These things are NOT good for you, your spouse, kids, friends, or whoever! I disposed of these, and hope we all will. Cheers and happy hunting. Good times.

View attachment 978534 View attachment 978535

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread