Bigscoop went detecting....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....couldn't stand it any longer, went to the beach today at low tide for a trial run, no deep/rough stuff, baby pools and baby steps today. Had to pass on a few of the deeper/stubborn targets because I could feel the back of my neck and shoulders tensing up. But all in all a pretty good day, "between storms"...only got in about an hour total. Hopefully the morning will be kind to me with no neck or stiffness issues. Sure was nice to be back out there! My take for the day was a couple of sinkers, a couple of pennies, and a couple of pull tabs......BUT THEY SURE FELT GOOD AS GOLD TODAY! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bigscoop...so good to "hear "from you , and I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Take care , and welcome back!

Lorraine

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude!!! I'll dig for ya! Better than the 60 cents I got today. You'll be fine. Glad you're back:icon_queen:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome to hear/read that you could at least do that much!!!!! don't push it!!!!!!!!!!

chuck.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back!! I'm so glad you are feel better, hope you will be so better, I miss your post and the forum will increase up to diamond:laughing7:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear from you Scoop! Hope your fully recovered in near future.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear you getting out again...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So glad to hear you are able to get out for the good life. Take is slow at first as there is always next day.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks! I think it's mostly a psychological thing now, "a once bitten - twice shy" sort of thing, "I hope?" By the way, Diamondr, a member on this site and my usual hunting partner is having difficulties with the same type spine issues only he's not rebounding at all and the situation looks pretty dim at present. So I hope he manages a recovery in the near future. Have patience and keep the faith, Rick! :thumbsup:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
This news will reduce my gold finds drastically. Damit Jim. Any motion better then no motion. Welcome back BS

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
....couldn't stand it any longer, went to the beach today at low tide for a trial run, no deep/rough stuff, baby pools and baby steps today. Had to pass on a few of the deeper/stubborn targets because I could feel the back of my neck and shoulders tensing up. But all in all a pretty good day, "between storms"...only got in about an hour total. Hopefully the morning will be kind to me with no neck or stiffness issues. Sure was nice to be back out there! My take for the day was a couple of sinkers, a couple of pennies, and a couple of pull tabs......BUT THEY SURE FELT GOOD AS GOLD TODAY! :laughing7:
Hello Bigscoop! Being that you are suffering from back pain I have a ointment I'd like to recommend to you. It's called tiger balm and it works great when combined with someone massaging it into the injured area. It is used by many martial artists after sparing to relieve pain. I had back surgery and it really helped me out.....a lot! I'm against pain meds so if need be ibuprofen and tiger balm will help get you through! During my recovery after physical therapy I was stubborn and painfully at times still detected keeping my back locked straight while digging and the exercise got my in good shape again. The worst thing you can do is lay in bed on it all day or on a heating pad all night!! Heating pad for 10-15 minutes max and walking the beach really helps. Give it time and you'll be good again. Hope this helps! image-3474347842.jpg
Almost forgot. Go for the red!
Available at some wal marts, cvs or Walgreens.
Very small bottle tuff to spot on the shelf.
Good luck

Attachments

• image-932459921.jpg
    image-932459921.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Scoop: Delighted to hear that you are out and about treasure hunting.
Baby pools and baby steps are fine as long as you either team with a digger or hunt with a small light scoop.
Don't risk carrying a big scoop, it only takes one misjudgement or getting excited to do harm.
Sadly, not only is youth wasted on the young; One's mind often becomes more powerful than one's body.
Take care, hope Diamondsdr will be able to join you on the beach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that this has anything to do with the topic at hand, but it's mid-night and for the last couple of hours I just couldn't get "hot fudge sunday" out of my mind. Mmmmmm....is this good! :laughing7:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Things seem back to norm when your posting, good to see your out!! Now if we can dig some gold...:icon_thumleft:

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great to hear you're back out there enjoying yourself.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things seem back to norm when your posting, good to see your out!! Now if we can dig some gold...:icon_thumleft:

From what little beach I saw the other day, sort of in that transition zone, I believe. The sand appeared to be coming back in and not enough traffic on the beach yet to provide a good supply of recent drops. I did come up with a plan of attack for my next outing, which I was hoping would be today but it never happened. Now it appears that heavy rain and storms are forecast for the next few days. :BangHead: (But probably best I don't push it anyway just yet.:laughing7:)

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see that you went out Bigscoop, and to see your post! It's a start anyway. Just take it easy.....and don't be too hard-headed and go for the gusto too soon or you'll be reminded or why you were put down for a while. Good luck and looking forward you seeing what you find~~~~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread