Border Patrol

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you stop and think about it, metal detecting the beach is lot like being on border patrol. On one side of you there resides the massive concrete jungle and on the other there resides a watery paradise. On one side of the border there is work to be done, while one the other side it's all about playing and having fun. And so here we are, going through all the same motions as border patrol mine sweepers. I mean, heaven forbid some unsuspecting young lady steps on that gold ring and lodges it on her big toe. One of my greatest fears is that little Tommy will find that yummy looking platinum band in his pile of sand. I gotta tell you, I can hardly bear the thought of such a tragic event.

Smugglers. I can't tell you the number of times I've come across their piles of stashed loot, pennies, dimes, nickels, and quarters all buried under the sand in one small area. Money laundering, that's what it equates to, the taking of currency across the border so it can be deposited on the other side without a trace, the trail of this financial activity nearly impossible to follow. But, it's always nice when I can be there to confiscate these stashes before a permanent deposit can be made. Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Yep, a type of volunteer Border Patrol, that's really what we are. So keep up the good work and keep on swinging. It's nice to know that at least some of us give a damn. :thumbsup:

This has been another wayward beach and shallow water metal detecting thought brought to you by, Bigscoop. And as always, wherever you go and whatever you do, it's all just a matter of perspective. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget all those deadly weapons caches you confiscate - deadly frisbee bottle caps, foil that can be folded into any form, those pop tops that can put an eye out when flipped up out of the sand!
It's a dangerous world out there! Thank you to all our boarder patrols!!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Enjoyable post, Bigscoop!

We are in competition with the Border Patrol dogs who, at times, dig holes deeper than I ever have dug...I'm waiting for one of those cute canines to lift his head out holding a gold ring in his mouth :treasurechest:

Here's where that ring will end up if he swallows it up before I get to him. dog swallowed wedding band.jpg

Lorraine

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyable post, Bigscoop!

We are in competition with the Border Patrol dogs who, at times, dig holes deeper than I ever have dug...I'm waiting for one of those cute canines to lift his head out holding a gold ring in his mouth :treasurechest:

Here's where that ring will end up if he swallows it up before I get to him. View attachment 979508

Lorraine

Now there's a novel idea! I've been wanting another English Springer Spaniel......I wonder if it could be trained to sniff out and retrieve.....Hmmmmmm....:laughing7: And I hate to say this, but if the dog in that picture was mine, well, my finger would appear somewhere in that ex-ray! :laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like it will be smooth band end out first and not the diamond, which would do a bit of cutting on the way out...

ouch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread