Button with eagle

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the button I found on the slope at low tide today I do not think it's old since I think it probably would have of totally corroded by now. The coins I found around it were all so thin u can't tell what they are anymore and I have found brass and copper nails in this area. The eagle with stars around it looks civil war era but I'm sure button makers have copied that design in modern day. Watcha think?

It's also is kinda copper colored and made of thin metal. It's not a thick and weighty I am probably just grasping at straws since I haven't found anything in awhile.

Attachments

• image-2533243255.jpg
    image-2533243255.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Vikingblood..those are interesting finds...I love finding old coins, and that Eagle Button is a very nice find; check out, if you have the time, the various sites showing pics and info on this style button.

Does the button have a backing. or is it hollow?.or any kind of stamping?

Eagle buttons are a favorite find of mine..young or old because of the detail on the image.

Good luck on your next hunt

Lorraine

OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no stamp and it's hollow. It's probably modern since it's thin and not totally corroded like those coins. It's been very slow finding nice stuff. Still cold here in Jersey and my local beaches have all been replenishment.

Thanks.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That button may be old...brass holds up really well compared to some other metals.

OP
OP
Vikingblood

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh. Ok. Thanks I'm thinking of posting it in the civil war era relics section for more info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions