Bandido II u Max

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I purchased a Bandido II in February and I was happy to find one. When it got here I took it to the beach to hunt just before Spring Break to get use to it and I found that I just hated it. It had a erratic threshold and I was picking up the smallest bits of iron no matter what I set the disc on. So I sent it to Tesoro to be fixed. I also made up my mind just to hunt Spring Break with my Silver. After a couple of weeks the Bandido II was back from Tesoro with a note from Rusty telling me what he had done and also that I need to have a good demo because I never received one. He gave me his number if I had questions and a quick set up sheet. I just thought to myself ok and just put the Bandido II in the corner, I hated it that much. I just kept using my Silver, love that detector. One day it was raining and I could not get out to hunt and I took the Bandido out of the corner to find out how it worked. I got some clad, pull tabs, bottle tops and some other miscellaneous metals. I also thought the headphones I had on the Bandido II was one of the problems so I put on a set of Killer B's I had. I started going thu all the things I had to test the disc with and found that I never had the disc up high enough to get rid of the iron, mistake number one on my part. I found where gold fell out at and nickels and also pull tabs. I also found out that if I ran the disc at 5 I would just find quarters, dimes and pennies. After that I read the quick set Rusty sent me and tried it out a few times and read it over again. Mistake number two not really taking the time to learn how to gb. So I made up my mind to leave the Silver home for the rest of Spring Break :cry: . With the Bandido II I found about $110 in clad and this 2 gram 14k band. Just took a little more time to learn the Bandido II and to put my mistakes behind me. I love this detector just as much as my Silver now .

Attachments

• 111_0040.JPG
    111_0040.JPG
    296 KB · Views: 124
  • 111_0041.JPG
    111_0041.JPG
    388 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations on that beautiful ring find, sandnut:headbang:

Thanks for taking the time to post the problem and the problem solving.

Lorraine

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the intricate designs on that ring...congrats.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got the bandido and wouldn't give it up for anything(that depends lol!) seriously it's a great detector and after swinging a CZ7 for 5 yrs I thought I had a feather in my hand! One of the main detectors I use in the river and land. By the way, nice find on that beautiful band!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions