Second detector for beach?

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Hey all, maybe I'm jumping the gun here, I haven't got my new ace250 yet and I'm already thinking about a second....From what I've read, and correct me if I'm wrong, the ace isn't gonna like wet sand. While I'll not be beach hunting primarily, since I live very near a large state beach here in CT, I'll probably be wanting to hit the beach at certain times.. i.e. after storms, holiday weekends, etc....I figure I'd keep an eye out for a used, older machine for that purpose. Can anyone suggest what type, model to look out for? I have a reeeeeally old white's coinmaster 1/db but I'd like to upgrade....lol Thanks.

Upvote 0

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Hey fellow CT hunter. I use a PI Pro now. Although it's all metal in operation you can't beat the depth of a PI on salt wet sand and water. I'd look into that. Give me a call.

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Hey Tony, I called yesterday an ordered the Ace250 from you. I didn't ask you yesterday 'cause I figured you were busy... shoveling all that snow...
Honestly though, while I personally wouldn't take a chance spending any serious money for a used detector on ebay , I figure if I found one to "steal" for a couple of bucks, I'd take a chance. But you better believe I'm gonna run it by you. Thanks again, I hope I get to meet you someday.
-Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions