Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Washington, DC - The Federal government is warning Pulse Induction metal detectorists to "Stay dry, and Stay alive!" September through November, is the most dangerous time to be in the surf with breeding and birthing sharks.

Compounding this danger, Pulse Induction, or "PI" underwater metal detectors, can attract hungry sharks from as far away as one-nautical mile with their strong electronic pulses.

University of Arizona Professor Sandy Tiburón, said that detectorists - and the swimmers near them, are at increased risk of shark attack. "We have studied this problem since the fatal attack of a beach detectorist in Connecticut, in 2009," commented Professor Tiburón. "Our experiments show that sharks are not only attracted by pulse induction metal detectors, but that they also behave very aggressively when they locate it."

The Obama administration acted quickly in response to last month's fatal shark attack of a pulse induction user near Point Pleasant, New Jersey, announcing the appointment of Terry Soloman, as the administration's new Pulse Induction Czar. Mr. Soloman, will be responsible for gathering up all of the dangerous PI machines currently in use, and advising beach hunters to stay out of the water, through his department's "Stay Dry, Stay Alive!" outreach.

"I think it is critical that all water hunters send me these dangerous PI units as soon as possible," said Mr. Soloman. "We can only help those that want to help themselves, and staying completely out of the water is part of that commitment."

While it was not clear at the time of this interview where the PI metal detectors must be sent, Mr. Soloman made it clear that the information would be announced shortly.

OP
OP
G

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ,I am impressed it didn't take you long to figure out a humorous answer. You must of been waiting for some one to post such an item. Oh yea when are we going to know where to send our units to?

Un Da Da Sea

Mar 8, 2014
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
White's Dual field
Minelab excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All I really hope for is that my p.i. attracts gold.
The wildlife is probably just curious with your
activity. I have fish, turtles and an occasional small shark
and even monk seal come up and check me out while detecting.
If you're moving sand and upsetting the bottom, they get curious.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And there's the big difference between PI users and VLF users. It's been a closely guarded secret among VLF users for years, and here it is. "VLF's draw bikini clad babes, not dangerous wildlife." Keep in mind, however, that bikini clad babes can be dangerous too. Be safe out there, my friend. :thumbsup:

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Terry, those gullible enough to believe that may not purchase a PI after reading this and you're gonna boost BBS sales!
Unless you're gonna tell me they eat those using that technology first! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Terry's Sand Shark is going to eat my Infinium??

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sick!
Washington, DC - The Federal government is warning Pulse Induction metal detectorists to "Stay dry, and Stay alive!" September through November, is the most dangerous time to be in the surf with breeding and birthing sharks.

Compounding this danger, Pulse Induction, or "PI" underwater metal detectors, can attract hungry sharks from as far away as one-nautical mile with their strong electronic pulses.

University of Arizona Professor Sandy Tiburón, said that detectorists - and the swimmers near them, are at increased risk of shark attack. "We have studied this problem since the fatal attack of a beach detectorist in Connecticut, in 2009," commented Professor Tiburón. "Our experiments show that sharks are not only attracted by pulse induction metal detectors, but that they also behave very aggressively when they locate it."

The Obama administration acted quickly in response to last month's fatal shark attack of a pulse induction user near Point Pleasant, New Jersey, announcing the appointment of Terry Soloman, as the administration's new Pulse Induction Czar. Mr. Soloman, will be responsible for gathering up all of the dangerous PI machines currently in use, and advising beach hunters to stay out of the water, through his department's "Stay Dry, Stay Alive!" outreach.

"I think it is critical that all water hunters send me these dangerous PI units as soon as possible," said Mr. Soloman. "We can only help those that want to help themselves, and staying completely out of the water is part of that commitment."

While it was not clear at the time of this interview where the PI metal detectors must be sent, Mr. Soloman made it clear that the information would be announced shortly.

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just last week I was in waist deep water with my Sand Shark and all of a sudden about 30 StingRays came up from behind me. At first I was a little troubled, but when they swam by, they all darted in the same line. Thinking they were on to something, I followed the line and uncover a class ring.

My guess is that the government knows the serious impact that PI detectors can make on depleting treasure so they are trying to ban them before it is too late.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
eddie current funny you mention rays,sandbar that i snorkel that is off shore has spotted eagle rays that come around and when ever i go in there path i almost always fan up a goodie??makes ya wonder

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good, confirms the logic of getting a Tiger Shark... Now I am wondering if a Pi detector for prospecting would attract rattlesnakes, scorpions or Mountain lions! Perhaps Obama would make me his new PPUG ... Prospecting Pi Unit Guru...

Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I take the batteries out of mine and keep them at my moms house. The PI machine is purely for extreme professionals only.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to get fishermen complaining about me scaring the fish off with my PI
told them they should cast close to me cause I was attracting them - specially
bass in fresh waters - something to do with their lateral line
other fish are attracted by my scooping and stirring up the bottom

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
U need to be aware of panthers also. They have pi sensory too. You guys on the inland aren't safe either dude.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What a lot of people don't know about PI machines is that you can 'tune' it to attract different kinds of marine life.

If you tape a bobby pin to your coil, the change in frequency seems to attract nurse sharks and sea bass.

Tape a small carpet tack and manatee's show up, where if you tape a paper clip to the coil, you will see more tarpon swimming around you.

Don't use any copper, bull sharks love that sound and they are pretty aggressive.

If you want to attract redfish or trout you need to wire your detector in series to get 24 volts. Then tape anything stainless steel to the coil and set the discrimination to zero.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Gators seem to LOVE when I run my PI with a piece of raw chicken hanging from the coil.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest: